PNPC Marine Cpt T'Aven - Planning the Route

Jess

May 2, 2021, 11:35:38 PM5/2/21
to IC Conny

(( Dilithium mine on Osteris II ))

T'Aven: That won't be necessary.

Heeka: Let's entertain another option before your hand is severely injured. Remember, I cannot see well *and* I lack your physical strength.

Stubborn? Never. She was Vulcan, being stubborn was illogical. She merely knew that she could continue. Right that was it. She wouldn't idly sit in this cave and wait for rescue. Squinting her eyes she dug deep and found that seed of anger she could draw from, even though the stone would be unimpressed by that, her strength could benefit from it. And she hit again. This time she heard it in her hand and the pain was another symptom. Was it a break? A dislocation? She couldn't determine as she attempted to control her breathing, pushing the pain down that blinded her for a moment.

She took a step back to support herself against the tunnel's wall. .oO Control yourself. Oo.

T'Aven: The kind of injury is unknown, but I believe it is safe to assume that the rock won the challenge.

Heeka: Perhaps. Though we have a saying on Cardassia: "striking is the first victory.” The will to try, despite risk and an unknown outcome, is necessary. Without it, other victories are not possible.

Her eyes fell on the Cardassian's hip and for a brief moment stared at the weapon fastened there. Gritting her teeth she realized that her thinking had been impacted and she had not thought of all possibilities. One that was so simple that it had hidden itself behind the trees in the forest. How could such an oversight occur? Was she a rookie? Her eyes fell on her hand, the glove became too tight. So she opened the zipper to remove her swelling hand from the constraint as she spoke.

T'Aven: You may want to use your weapon to cut the rock, Lieutenant.

Heeka: Weapon?? :: She reached to where her holster would be if she were in a Cardassian uniform, before checking her hips; only to brush over her phaser. Right! She still had it! :: Incredible. T’Aven, I completely forgot that I had it after all the commotion.

The Vulcan nodded. She herself did have a weapon too, but somehow it had gotten lose and would probably now lie in the cave behind them, where she had ducked behind a rock. Either way it was not on her hip any more. She was off her best today and it annoyed her. But she tried hard to push that down, not have that annoyance show, or influence her.

T’Aven: Now that you are aware, it can be utilized.

Heeka: Of course. Here, you do it since I can’t quite read the screen yet.

The Cardassian handed the phaser to her and T'Aven took it from her. It made sense not to want to use it when her eyes were still impacted. Luckily her eyes did improve, obviously, so it would return to normal soon. T'Aven activated the display and raised the energy levels. That boulder needed more than just a stun setting.

T’Aven: I suggest to take a step back.

The Cardassian did so and holding the phaser in her left T'Aven pressed the trigger to activate the 'laser cutter'. The bright light illuminated the cave as it hit the rock. The rock heat up started to glow where it was hit but as she moved the phaser beam she could see that a crack had appeared and was following her lead.

T’Aven: It appears to be working.

Heeka: response

A chunk of hot stone slipped off the boulder as the cut line reached the edge, she immediately moved the phaser to continue the work on the rest of the boulder.

T'Aven: If you wish to move that stone, use your foot. It's logical to assume that it is hot to the touch.

Heeka: response

She looked down at her other hand that had swollen up like the face of the young child stung by a bee on Earth that she had seen once. She had stopped feeling the pain, but she was aware that her body could just be dealing with the shock and suppress that for her sanity.

T'Aven: It would be desired for your eyesight to return before we are done with the boulder, as I won't be able to use both hands for the controls.

Heeka: response

Bit by bit the boulder in front of them fell apart, pieces dropped or slipped off. One time T'Aven had to kick a piece off that were loose but refused to leave. But eventually the boulder had been reduced enough and now was just a bigger rock so the two women could easily move it aside with their feet. T'Aven held out the phaser towards the Cardassian.

Heeka: response

T'Aven: Positive. Unless we have more boulders like this on our way, we will break through the rock soon.

She pulled out the PADD Sawyer had shared earlier and placed it on her seat because she couldn't hold and point with one hand. She opened the map and moved to their location.

T'Aven: This is the position of the mining cave, the shaft, which makes this the position of the blast door. We entered the wall here.

Heeka: response

T'Aven: The layer we came from is on an incline, but ::She moved the map and tapped on a spot.:: The layer below has been utilized as well. If my calculations are correct we will exit near the maintenance sector.

Heeka: response

-----
Marine Captain T'Aven
Marine Pilot