Lieutenant Jacob Horne - First Assignment

1 view

Jeff Newell

Jul 31, 2021, 8:42:46 PM7/31/21
to sb118-con...@googlegroups.com
((USS Constitution - Main Engineering))

Jacob had just received an update on the status of the repair work.  Work was slow go but that was expected at the start as the ship gathered the necessary people and materials to complete the repairs.  As repairs finished those resources could be applied elsewhere creating an almost snowball effect increasing their efficiency and number of tasks that would be completed.  They had a long road ahead but it would get done.

Ollo: L-T-J-G Ollo reporting, sir.

Jacob looked up from the PADD he was reading.

Horne: Reporting for what?

Ollo: First day on the job. I transferred from science. Where do you need me?

Horne: Transfer?  Here?...I must have missed the report. ::Jacob faulterd for a second but tried his best to recover::  Umm, what are your specialties?

Ollo: Propulsion, EPS, and Maintenance. But I’m happy to assist as needed.

Jacob nodded.  He was liking what he was hearing.

Horne: Perfect,  After the last mission I have a long list of "as needed" tasks.

Ollo: :: nodding :: I read the reports. Sounds like there’s plenty to do, eh?

Horne: You can say that again.  Um, well, we're scheduled to receive some of the primary materials needed to start work on the missing nacelle and damaged propulsion systems.  With your background that seems like a good place to start.

Ollo: ?

Horne: I will send you the details.  The starbase is providing a lot of help on this one, we just need to supervise and make sure that the new system integrates properly.

Ollo: ?

Horne: I, uh, apologize for not reading the transfer report thoroughly and being ready for you.  I've been so caught up in the repairs and getting that organized.

Ollo: ?

Horne: Have you had a chance to tour engineering and meet some of the others?

Ollo: ?

Lieutenant Jacob Horne
Assistant Chief of Engineering
USS Constitution-B