PNPC CPO Shedet - To Be Orion

Captain Nugra

Jan 27, 2021, 9:03:56 PM1/27/21
to 'Sarah Eccles' via USS Constitution-B – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG
(( Nǐ hǎo, Hola, Hello - Nightshade - Starbase 104 ))

When she burst into tears, Shedet found herself whisked away with Ishiv barking orders. Three shirtless but powerful looking Orion men immediately charged ahead clearing the way so that she could be taken to the back room. It was only after her crying fit that Shedet realized that she was in a room that distinctly resembled the inner chambers of an Orion Palace. The soft cushions were thrown about, hanging reams of silk in beautiful hues not to mention delicious looking food and gems scattered about haphazardly but somehow perfect. Shedet accepted the warm embrace of a giant cushion while Ishiv curled up beside her and ran her hand through the girl's blonde hair.

Ishiv: Ma'ala, sheu oshesha ma. (Translation: Lovely, be still and calm.)

Shedet let the familiar sounds of High Orion lull her into a sweet quiet before she finally came back to her senses. Sitting up and smiling sheepishly, she bowed her head in respect.

Shedet: I apologize, Matron. I acted like a child there.

Ishiv: ::stern:: Hush child. Don't lie to me. You're hurting and I want to know why.

Forceful and to the point. Just like she had always been. No one crossed Matron Ishiv of Tempesta. She was only a few years older than Shedet but those of her House knew to obey. The blond Orion saw her take a metal iron to those who disrespect her men and women who bore the gishule mark. Shedet had been on the receiving end of the wooden stick a few times for getting into trouble and breaking the 33 disciplines.

The girl hushed as Ishiv quickly snapped a few orders and soon a goblet of fire whiskey was in her one hand a delicious chunk of Vanilla Ovak Cake in the other.

Ishiv: Eat.

Shedet: Matron, I'm not part of your house, I don't deserve such attention.

Ishiv's eyes narrowed as she stared right through the young Orion.

Ishiv: ::evenly:: Eat.

Without another word, Shedet began to eat and drank the fiery beverage that had not touched her lips in so many years. The smells, the flavors, it all screamed of the home she left so long ago. When the last bite was done and politely turning away another piece, Ishiv took her hand and patted it gently.

Ishiv: Alright, my love. Why did I just find you broken and defeated her on this Federation starbase? Nobody has hurt you, right?

Shedet: ::smiling:: It's alright, Matron. I just have had a hard day. I won an award.

Ishiv: ::confused:: and you were crying?

She had no idea why but Shedet threw herself in to the story of her arrival in to Starfleet, the challenges she felt, the mistakes, the punishment and the feelings of guilt and humiliation. Not once did Ishiv interrupt but at times, Shedet could see the hardness in her eyes at certain parts of the story. It was never a good thing when one saw that expression. When she was done, Shedet heaved a sigh, a weight being lifted for the first time in six years.

Shedet: So...you see. A lot has happened since we last saw each other. How have you been?

The eyebrow went up on the Matron and her mouth quirked in a half sarcastic and admonishing smile.

Ishiv: Really? You think I'm going to let you off the hook that easily. You just told me that one of my women has been humiliated. Humiliated by a Gorn no less.

The last phrase came out as if she was spitting out a bad taste. Shedet knew how much Ishiv hated Gorns and had purposefully left out the fact that Captain Nugra was one. She hadn't even used his name.

Shedet: I didn't say he was a Gorn.

Ishiv: You didn't have to. I recognize the attitude. Their pompous dedication to duty and protocol to the point that any act of insubordination is treated as heresy. They disgust me.

Shedet: I know. That's why I wasn't going to tell you. He's not all that bad.

Ishiv: He stole your honor and made you grovel for it. I think you are being to generous.

The blond Orion paused, had she been gone from her people for so long that she had completely missed it? What many outsiders did not realize is that Orion woman were not promiscuous creatures who preyed on men too stupid to realize what was happening. They had a code, they had an honor, the Emerald Oath that they respected.

Shedet: ::quietly:: Oh.

Ishiv: Recite the 22nd discipline.

She had not thought about that one in years but it came out quickly.

Shedet: As a Maiden, we shall respect those who respect us, persuade those who need guidance, and manipulate those who use us. We are subservient to no one.

Ishiv: You've allowed yourself to be subservient, Shedet. You know it.

Shedet hung her head but Ishiv pulled her chin up.

Ishiv: Don't you dare, young lady. ::softly:: I know you have been through a lot and I was always worried you were leaving too soon. I feel horrible that you have been hurt like this. Shall I kill this Gorn for you?

Shedet: ::quicky:: Oh, no. Please do not hurt Nugra.

Ishiv: ::eyes slightly wide:: Nugra...thee Nugra. The Marauder of Ss'Varnon, the Admiral of Skulls? That Nugra.

Shedet: ::sheepishly:: Yeah.

Ishiv: You're correct. Killing him is too good for him and I don't need the side effect of an intergalactic incident with the Hegemony right now. The Pharaoh Cartel is finally making inroads and we don't need a purge.

Shedet: I'd prefer that we just let it drop....?

Ishiv stared at her for a moment and then sighed.

Ishiv: You are your own woman, Shedet, but you cannot just expect your honor and pride to be just given back to you. You need to take it back. He has used you. You need to follow the code. But that is your choice.

Brightening, the woman clapped her hands together to summon her servants.

Shedet: Now, I have fresh Kasur. You shall dine with me, clean yourself up, and return to your ship. Now that I know where you are, I can talk to you more. You will be my maiden once more, even if only in spirit.

With a big smile, Shedet nodded.

PNPC Chief Petty Officer Shedet
Science Officer
USS Constitution-B

As Simmed By...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Senior Commander Nugra
Intelligence Officer
USS Constitution-B NCC 9012-B
'17 Simming Prize Laureate
Simming Prize Administrator 2019-Present
V238008N10
---
he/him (player & Character)
---