Lt Lazarus Davis - plenty to do

Davis, Joshua Lazarus

Oct 13, 2021, 8:04:45 AM10/13/21
to sb118-con...@googlegroups.com
((Briefing Room One, USS Constitution))

Saveron: Our new vessel arrives in fifteen hours. Your have your orders, dismissed.

And just like that, the officers in the room began to move, gathering in small groups to discuss their tasks or making for the exit, plan already in mind. Consummate professionals, all of them. And Jalana’s friends. If rescue was possible, it would happen.

He had to trust that it would be possible, until it became obvious that it would not.

Most people were moving away, a few were lingering, but one made their way purposefully towards him. Saveron’s grey gaze met that of Lieutenant Davis.

Davis: Commander, I– Saveron, may I speak to you? It’s urgent.

Not only urgent, but personal, to judge by the shift from rank to name. These three he had summoned had started to gather, but they could spare a moment. The Vulcan gave a slight nod, wondering what was personal and yet so urgent it needed raising in front of crewmates.

Saveron: You may.

Davis: I will be brief, and :: he faced the others that were supposed to meet with Saveron :: thanks.

Lystra nodded.

Shedet/Sherana: ?

Davis: :: to Saveron :: Sir, I am emotionally compromised at this time, and unable to join the infiltration team. :: he fought back his throat choking up :: My department can still support the mission, and I can find an alternate to take my place. I request to stay with the Constitution, in charge of overseeing repairs in absence of the senior officers.

Saveron looked at him, with that deep yet expressionless gaze.

Saveron: Granted, on the condition that you make an urgent appointment with Counselling.

Davis: Of course. I just didn’t anticipate encountering the Syndicate so soon, and in such a… personal way. Anyway, I’ll leave you to it.

Saveron: Lazarus. ::He said quietly but firmly, to get his attention.:: If you have not heard from us by the time the Constitution’s repairs are complete, I authorise you to contact Admiral Heraan and, if deemed appropriate, to come after us.

What a relief. What a huge relief.

Davis: Thank you, Saveron. Understood.

He favoured the Chief Science Officer with the ta’al.

Saveron: Live long and prosper.

Lazarus bowed his head in thanks before matching Saveron’s gaze.

Davis: And to you. :: Turning to the others :: Thank you for letting me interrupt.

As he left the conference room, we felt wave after undulating wave of emotions that he couldn’t name. Logically, he must be feeling relief, guilt, angst, and joy.

(( Corridors ))

Ok, lots to do now. He needed to check in with Jacob to get an update on repairs (and see him off on this mission) and also schedule a counseling appointment. First things first.

Davis: =/\= Davis to Horne. =/\=

Horne: ?

Davis: =/\= I’m going to oversee repairs on the ship while you’re on the mission. Can we meet up so I can learn what’s going on with repairs? =/\=

Horne: ?

Davis: Works for me.

Horne: ?

——
Lieutenant Lazarus Davis
Chief Science Officer
USS Constitution-B
Podcast Team Facilitator
IDIC team member
ASDB team member
C239510LD0
(he/him, character)
(they/them, writer)

“I wanted to prove the sustaining power of music.” – David Bowie