Ensign Yirah - Eating in an Igloo

Zeno

Jan 19, 2024, 6:16:10 PMJan 19
to sb118-con...@googlegroups.com

(( Frosty Ice Hotel - Arentis))

Sitting down across from Ellie, Indrid gestured to the fluffy, four eared animal that somehow managed to stay balanced on his shoulders.

Yirah: This is Pez. He doesn't have fully formed eyes, but look, proto eyes growing from his back!

Park: Well hello there, Pez. You’re an interesting one aren’t you?

Indrid grinned as Ellie turned her focus to Pez.

Yirah: Right?! He's so cool! How have you been?

He noticed Ellie's face flush slightly as she turned her attention back to him.

Park: Pretty good! I just got checked in not too long ago so I haven’t really explored yet, but this place is so lovely don’t you think?

Indrid nodded as he gazed around the room.

Yirah: It is very impressive.

Pez, upset that he was no longer the point of attention, swished his tail back and forth before jumping down from Indrid's shoulder and making his way over to Ellie.

Park: And you? Obviously you’re making some new friends ::she nodded at Pez:: but how have you been?

Yirah: I've been... ::he paused, actually having to think about it.::

Surely he couldn't say he was 'well' given the difficulties he had been having being joined but... he had met new people, been eating unique food, so he certainly couldn't say he was 'not doing well.'

Yirah: Well, I haven't been bored certainly. I've been meeting more people from our ship, trying new foods, and doing a lot of activities.

Park: Shore leave certainly is good for that. ::she looked down at her soup and salad:: Oh, forgive me. Are you hungry? We can flag down the waiter or you can help yourself to the salad if you’d like.

Ellie smiled again at Indrid. At the mention of food Indrid suddenly remembered that that was why he had come to the restaurant.

Yirah: Oh! Right! Food.

Park: response

The waiter walked over and gave Indrid a menu.

Yirah: Hmm… ::he examined the options on the menu. Then, to the waiter:: What would you recommend?

Waiter: Our fish stew is rather good.

Park: ?

Yirah: Alright, I’ll take one of those please. ::When the waiter left Indrid turned back to Ellie.:: This place reminds me of an igloo.

Park: response

Yirah: So, how long are you going to be at the ice hotel?

Park: response

Yirah: I see. Do you have anything planned?

Park: response

Anyone: Response

--
Ensign Indrid Yirah