Ensign Ashra: Tea Sounds Nice, Actually

KB Gardner

Jul 5, 2024, 11:46:05 PM (10 hours ago) Jul 5
to sb118-con...@googlegroups.com
(( USS Constitution, Deck 8, Tea House ))

Ashra followed the Galaxy Class computer’s interactive navigational assistance down the hallway.  Doorway slides open and she steps into a perfumed, dimly lit tea house not terribly unlike the one she’d seen during her visit to Kyoto. She hadn’t been able to go inside that one, so when she learned of a traditional Japanese tea house aboard, she made it a point to visit. She removed her shoes before walking onto the tatami mats lining the floor.

She looked across the room at the low-sitting tables, and noticed a crew member in a wheelchair, seated at one of the taller tables.

oO An Elaysian, I believe – accustomed to lower gravity, hence the wheelchair. Oo

Felbri: Hello.

Ashra: Hello there!

Felbri: Can I help you?

Ashra looked about her, wondering if the tea house was self-serve, or if she should wait for a member of staff.

Ashra: Perhaps you wouldn’t mind if I joined you?

He looked at the many other tables in the room, then back to her.

Felbri: Sure.

Ashra: Wonderful.

Ashra made her way to the taller table. Sitting on the floor seemed to be the traditional approach, but that wouldn’t be possible here. As accommodation, simple stools were provided for the taller tables, and she pulled one over and perched upon it.

Ashra: I’m Ashra, I’ll be assisting in sickbay.

Felbri: Response

Wearing a kimono in Starfleet colors, a waitress appeared from behind a screen and greeted the pair with a courteous bow, which Ashra returned.

Waitress: What would you both like?

Ashra looked at her Elaysian companion quizzically.

Ashra: I don’t suppose you have any recommendations?

Felbri: Response.

TBC: