Ensign Kimberly Stapledon - Getting To Know Another Engineer

1 view

John Smith

Feb 7, 2023, 10:43:12 PM2/7/23
to sb118-con...@googlegroups.com
((Promenade-07, Starbase 104))

After some wandering around and even speaking with Kvash again, Kim finally found Ensign Flores, the engineer that Lystra had told her about earlier.

Stapledon:  Uh hi!

In truth she still felt a mild buzz from the bloodwine.

Flores turned and smiled.

Flores:  Hello!

Stapledon:  I'm new here.  I mean I'm a new officer on the Constitution.

Flores: Ah, lovely! Nice to meet you, New Here! I’m Rachel Flores. Although I would imagine you already know that. Or I just really scream Starfleet in or out of uniform.

She giggled and Kim took the extended hand.

Stapledon: Ah well actually I looked you up and also ::smiling mischievously:: Lystra told me about you.

Flores: Nice to meet you, Kim. May I call you Kim?

Stapledon:  Absolutely!  I prefer it actually.  So...  I keep hearing about a chief engineer.  But he is...  busy.  Are you taking on some of those responsibilities?

Flores: Yep, that’s me. You might not meet the chief for a while, very busy. Bit of a perfectionist when it comes to making sure all the internal machinery is running like clockwork. So we’ll be handling coordination with the rest of the ship and the command staff.

Stapledon: Oh cool!

It really did sound cool. She would be doing her first officer-ly duty!

Flores: Would you mind if we found a seat? ::She gestured at her bag:: I had just grabbed lunch to-go with Ensign Tannhauser.

Stapledon: Alright. hm.

They found a table on the corner of a street like thing on the promenade.

Flores: So, tell me a bit about yourself and your background. You obviously studied engineering at some point, but that’s a pretty broad field.

Stapledon: Well I focused mostly on computer science and holography at the academy. And I minored in philosophy.

Flores:  Response

Stapledon:  It was cool.  I like making fictional worlds using holography.

Flores:  Response

Stapledon:  Oh ::she smiled::  What about you?  Any particular focus or interest?

Flores:  Response

--
Ensign Kimberly Stapledon
Engineer