Lt. Shimisi: A bucket of cold water

1 view

Kelrod Dickens

Jul 4, 2024, 10:44:47 PMJul 4
to sb118-con...@googlegroups.com

(( USS CONSTITUTION-B))

( Few minutes later – Brew Continuum )

   As Mingxing enjoyed his Capuccino last sips, he received the reply to his reply to Marine captaiin T’Aven.

=/\= Message reply

From: Marine Captain T'Aven
To: Lieutenant Mingxing Shimisi

Lieutenant,

participants are not registered and listed until the meet up before the race. You can freely choose a partner to participate, either by finding one yourself beforehand, or at location when the participants are making themselves known.

The vehicles are provided and are standard to allow everyone the same chances without modifications. Shall your anatomy require adjustments, please inform me so we can arrange modifications beforehand and reserve the appropriate vehicle.

End Message =/\=

   With that his thoughts for modifications ended and began considering about with whom he could share the experience and his first thought was with Stapledon, since he's more familiar with her than with other members of the crew, given they work together and their afinity for engineering. He could drive a vehicle, of course and he's familiar with the Argo class, so he thought who to ask for the ride.

Shimisi: oO Maybe Yirah? Oo

   The thought crossed his mind as he’d talked with the man a few times… but then a though crossed her mind. He questioned himself about the thought, but then again, she said she liked to be out of protocols. He took a Deep breath and touched his comm badge.

Shimisi: =/\= Shimisi to Commodore Rajel =/\=

   He thought that the comm system would not be configured to recognize Jalana as a call sign.

Rajel: Response

Shimisi: =/\= Excuse me, I’ve just received a message about a race on the planet, surely you’ve seen it too and … Well, I was wondering if you’ll be interested… you know, to participate, with me… If you’d like to join me for that…?  =/\= oO Oh great, you’ve just showed yourself as a newbie ensign Oo

( OOC: This part has been spoken with Jalana )

Rajel: Response

   The feeling of a cold water bucket rush through his spine.

Shimisi: oO Of course you idiot! What were you thinking!? Oo =/\= Oh, of course, I understand Commodore. Sorry for interrupting,… disturbing you,… I just thought, … well, it doesn’t matter. Enjoy yourself sir, … ma’am… Shimisi out! =/\=

   He closed the channel and breathed a few times very deep. The feeling of embarrassment was heavy and he tried to cool himself finding someone else. From the last misión he had a chance to work with T’Seva too. The fact that she’s related to the Young Atan Lera he’d interacted with and her mother should make it easy to talk with. Also her Vulcan and Bajoran mix should make her reachable and logical, so there’s little chances for awkward refusal. If she said no, it’ll be more manageable than the last one. Calming himself and taking a deep breath he pressed his comm badge again.

Shimisi: =/\= Shimisi to T’Seva =/\=

T’Seva: Response

Shimisi: =/\= Hello, I’ve received the message about an argo race on the planet and was wondering if you’ll be interested in taking part in it. And if you are, if you’d like me as your partner? =/\=

T’Seva: Response

TBC: