PNPC "Queen" - Linaran Plantlife (Backsim)

Jess

Dec 25, 2021, 12:03:26 AM12/25/21
to IC Conny

(( Arboretum, Constitution, backsim ))

Contrary to the Garden areas on the station the Arboretum on the Constitution was almost empty. There were a few solitary people enjoying the plants, or sitting on the lawn reading or relaxing but it was nothing compared to the bustle of the mountain range or the Philosopher's walk on the station. The sound of pebbles gnarling and klicking under her boots and his shoes accompanied them as Laz and Queen strolled over the path. She had not let go of his hand until now. The Arboretum was winding and arranged in a way to make the area look a lot bigger than it was. Plants from all kinds of area came together and lived harmoniously in a way that might not be possible without a lot of expert work.

Queen walked up to a blooming bush that sported flowers in various shades of blue and purple and leaned in sniffing its scent before she wiggled her head from side to side, known as her smiling gesture.

Queen: This is beautiful. It must be a lot of work to maintain this on a ship.

Davis: Our botanists are incredibly skilled. I can’t fathom how they plan it all out.

She straightened her back again and looked around the place, finding alcoven where one could quietly enjoy their time among plants, a pond, flowers and plants of all colors. Further down she spotted a door way with writing above the door and her eyes widened behind her goggles. She grabbed Laz's hand and pulled him with her until she stood in front of it and in wonder looked up to the marking writing of 'Leron IV' hanging above the door.

Queen: You have plants of my people.

It wasn't a question, it was surprise and a fact. She had not gone into this Arboretum before so she had not known.

Davis: It appears so! ::That was news to him, too.:: Can you tell me about them? :: He lead her forward to the threshold ::

Her eyes were still on the writing, surprised to find a piece of her home here, when he pulled her gently and she followed.

Queen: I'm no botanist, but if I know something I will.

Finally she tore the eyes from the sign and followed through a curtain and along some sharp turns before they stepped into an open area. It was dark, interrupted by the glow of plant patterns or full plant parts. With her free hand she reached up and removed the goggles from her head, pushing them into a pocket. In here she didn't need them. Whoever set this up had done their research. Her heart leaped at the sight. She hadn't been home in such a long time and usually that was fine but seeing the plants, a small piece of home, made her realize how much she missed it. She did notice that he didn't say anything and looked over her shoulder.

Queen: Are you okay?

Davis: My eyes are still adjusting, all I can really see are the glowing bits. But they’re amazing!

Queen: They are beautiful, aren't they.

Davis: Your goggles… ::he squeezed her hand again:: it feels ::he searched for the right word:: intimate to be here with you like this. Like we’re in a place more suited for you, so you can be comfortable.

At his words she turned to him, seeing him like she would have seen him on her homeworld, not through the blackened goggles. Without that filter he looked even more handsome. She waggled her head in the agreeing way but then something in his face changed and a groove formed on his forehead. She turned to him and watched it with interest, not knowing what it meant or why it happened, but she had seen that a few times lately. She raised a hand and with a fingertip brushed over the groove.

Queen: What does this mean?

Davis: response

Frown. So that was what it looked like. She shook her head and lowered her light blue almost white eyes to look at him.

Queen: No Frowning today. Come I'll show you plants.

Without a warning she started to walk and pulled him with her at her hand, making sure she took a path that didn't make him stumble over anything. They walked up to a plan that was not taller than a bush, a thick step with side stems and leaves with a wavy shape. The leaves were of a dark shade of purple, with glowing pink veins and an slightly less but still glowing green and blue pattern of dots and stripes.

Queen: We call these Guryen. They only grow in a few areas and that means that they are pretty hard to find. But when someone finds them it is believed to bring them good luck.

Davis: response

Queen: No, not endangered, but there are some plants that grow everywhere, like weed and some that like these are more hidden.

Davis: response

The Linara squeezed his hand and continued the path walking up to another plant that looked more like a tree. Her eyes grew wide and she walked up to it, placing her hand on the trunk of it. When looking closer one could see that that trunk was actually two trunks that curled around each other. One was of a dark blue the other of a dark grayish green. The leaves were of a dark shade that reminded of oil, random streaks of different colors ran through the trunk and leaves.

A plaque in front of it stated that this tree was a gift from Sotesa Vehau, the Linara Head of Government as a gesture of gratitude for hosting peace talks with the Hinji in 2394.

Queen: How fitting.

Davis: response

Queen: This tree is a Kojima, a symbiotic species. One half cannot live without the other. The tree of lovers, friendship and unity. It is tradition to gift this tree after successful negotiations or bonding rituals.

Davis: response

-----
PNPC Qeene "Queen"
Spouse of Lazarus Davis