Lieutenant JG Lystra - Private word

Rameses

May 20, 2022, 9:44:22 AM5/20/22
to sb118-con...@googlegroups.com

(( The Space, Starbase 104, Several Days After Arrival ))

{At the party}

The boat race had been fairly amusing to watch and epic. As with this crew, competitions could get a little intense. At least this one didn’t have sandworms, buggies and cannons. Shame that. Cannons made most things better.

The Boslic had sat on the beach, watching them. Toes buried in the sand and letting the waves wash over them.

The race had come to a conclusion and she was certain everyone was pondering what to do next to keep the festivities going. She wasn’t feeling festive much, but this crew was family and she wanted to be with them. Well, close to them anyway. She tried not to dwell on the stump of her right arm and drew her gaze around for a moment. Those sparkling white eyes fell on one person in particular and she bit back a growl.

Shedet.

It seems she had finished conversing with Jalana and was alone. The Orion was probably the only member of the crew that she knew and didn’t like. She had a seething hatred for the Syndicate and anyone who was a member of it. And while the Orion was a member of Starfleet her past as a part of that vile organization was enough to curdle Lystra’s blood easily.

The Boslic stewed for a bit, sitting there on the beach and waited until she saw the Orion leave. Lystra wanted to thank her for her part in getting back Jalana, and yet, her own issues with the woman would undoubtedly make that a less than simple task.

Planting her left hand into the sand she rolled her weight onto it to stand up and do so quickly. She had some things she wanted to say to the woman before she got into another conversation, or left. Perhaps it was the bitterness of what had happened, leading up to her current situation and because Jalana’s abduction was a plot from a Syndicate member just for spite.

Her shorter light lavender hair bobbed up and down and billowed behind her slightly from the pace of her step and stride. She didn’t trust herself to not blow up at the woman in front of everyone else, so she bit her tongue until she could get a private moment with her.

(( Near Shedet’s quarters, USS Constitution-B ))

{After leaving the party}

Lystra: Shedet!

Shedet: ?

Lystra: You and I need to have a talk. ::She said curtly:: In private. Please.

Shedet: ?

The Boslic stared at the Orion for a moment and a scowl washed over her face, yet, to her credit he held her composure. Mostly.

Lystra: Because I have some things to get off my chest. ::She explained:: I don’t like you.

Shedet: ?

Lystra: You’re good at your job. That’s got nothing to do with it. ::She shook her head:: It’s because you were with the Syndicate and there are no decent people in the Syndicate.

Shedet: ?

The Boslic stood with her hips canted, left fist on her left hip and her right arm hanging at her right side.

Lystra: I know firsthand what kind of monsters the Syndicate are. Honorless, cowards who prey on the helpless just to turn a profit. They take from others instead of putting something good in the universe.

Diplomatically speaking, well, she wasn’t. At all and the frustration and anger she had from this last mission had a new target now that Zoreth was dead, and it looked like Shedet was going to be it. If she was honest with herself, this confrontation was inevitable.

Shedet: ?

Lieutenant JG Lystra

Tactical Officer

USS Constitution-B NCC-9012-B