Commodore Jalana Rajel - Pips and Ribbons and new guys, oh my! (Fix)

Jess

Feb 7, 2024, 1:05:30 AMFeb 7
to IC Conny

((OOC: Forgot that ICly you guys don't know about Azura's change of position yet! So I had to fix that :) ))

(( Castrum Hibernum Portum - Ballroom - A little bit later ))

Should she wait for a bit longer? Maybe? Maybe not? But who cared what she 'should' do? She wanted to do it now. Shinies were her favorite part of being a CO. Well next to seeing her crew grow, live together, work together, developing alongside each other, supporting each other. You know, the really nice stuff. But being able to reward her crew in a palpable way was just amazing.

So after some time she moved to the small stage the holo band occupied which that took as a sign to quiet down. She cleared her throat calling out.

Rajel: May I have your attention!

Anyone: response

Rajel: Thank you! To the majority of you this will be no surprise, to those of you who are new let me welcome you to the post-mission party. To the few of you who have not met me yet, I am Jalana.

That was the introduction, nothing else, no 'I'm your CO', or even a surname, just Jalana. Just as she liked it.

Anyone: response

Rajel: One of the favorite parts of my work is to get to this part of the parties ::She crinkled up her nose in delight.:: So let me get to it, have my fun, so you can go back to celebrating even more! ::She cleared her throat, before chuckling.:: Well that last mission was quite a doozy wasn't it?

Anyone: response

Rajel: Because this is a party and you are not necessarily equipped to carry things home, I have arranged that any accolates will be delivered to your quarters and will wait for you when you return. Now let me begin with the Starfleet Investigation Ribbon. This ribbon is rewarded for investigative skills to solve a crime, defuse a threat or resolve a dangerous situation. Quite surprisingly we had to do all three of these during our stint with the apparant Enterprise, and even more surprising, it was all of us who had to deal with that. With that I reward this ribbon to all Officers who actively were part of the teams on the Enterprise as well as those investigating things remotely on the Constitution. Congratulations.

((OOC: That means every PC and PNPC that was on the Enterprise plus our Stellarcartography Officers Ollo and and Seti)

Anyone: response

Rajel: When meeting the Enterprise of course the hopes are high to meet our heroes, ancestors, precessessors that laid the foundation for our work. What we did not anticipate was that we would have to save lives. Not only due to the decrepid state of the ship in the Nebula but due to hostile forces on the ship a few lives had been saved. So it is my honor to award the Lifesaving Ribbon to the following Officers. Lystra. T'Seva, Ozameen Malyz, Ellie Park and Indrid Yirah. Thank you and congratulations.

Lystra/T'Seva/Park/Yirah/Anyone: response

Rajel: After reading the reports it became apparent that one of the heroes of this mission was Engineering. Not only has Engineering found out that something very fishy was going on, they also used this knowledge and their skills to surprise the Iotians and help avoid a complete blood bath with their methods. From aimed loss of gravity, to increase of gravity, hacking into the systems and ... ::She blinked slightly.:: I am still not quite sure how a little dinosaur fit into this. But these methods deserve to be recognized and so it is my honor to reward the Innovation Ribbon to Kimberly Stapledon and Mingxing Shimisi. Congratulations.

Stapledon/Shimisi/Anyone: response

Rajel: We also have been resorting to diplomacy to defuse the situation on two fronts that dealt with the Ioatians face to face, using words and understanding or the one or other firm decisive verbal kick in the butt to make sure things do not escalate. For that it's my honor to reward the Diplomacy Ribbon to Laria Herren.

She also got it herself thanks to Starfleet HQ, but she rarely mentioned herself as a recipient, that just felt weird. There was another ribbon on the list but she did not want to talk about that one in front of everyone. Not because the recipients did not deserve it, they did. But she did not want to air some laundry out in the open. She'd tell Indrid and Shedet afterwards.

Herren/Anyone: response

Rajel: Now... ::she clasped her hands:: That is it for Ribbons. ::She grinned widely.:: And for the first time in a long while that is not the end of it and that is my upmost joy as a Commanding Officer to share with you! ::Clearing her throat she looked around.:: Kimberly and T'Ama, where are you?

Stapledon/T'Ama: response

Rajel: Ah there. Hi! ::She wiggled her fingers.:: Since your arrival on the Conny, you both have stood out with your exceptional work, curiosity and persistence. It is a joy to see officers come from the Academy and find their footing on the ship. It's been a joy to work with you, hear about you from your colleagues and superiors and we are in agreement. Due to that, it is my pleasure to promote both of you to Lieutenant Junior Grade with all rights, privileges and responsibilies. Congratulations.

She grinned widely and clapped for the two newly minted Lieutenants.

Stapledon/T'Ama/anyone: response

Rajel: ::looking around the place.:: Laria, where are you?

Herren: response

Rajel: ::smiling brightly:: Laria, I know that you haven't been with us for a long time, but you already have proven yourself to be an invaluable asset to the crew and to myself. Your assistance and decisive power has been one of the driving forces during our last mission. Therefore it is my pleasure to promote you to the new Second Officer of the Conny today. ::She paused and raised a hand.:: In addition with that, it is also my sincere pleasure to promote you to Lieutenant Commander with all rights, privileges and responsibilities. Congratulations!

Herren/Anyone: response

Jalana waited for a moment, clapping for Laria as she had been for everyone else, oh yes she really loved this part. Then she cleared her throat.

((OOC: The following part was planned with Jonathan :) ))

Rajel: As some of you may have heard already that Azura has resumed her duty as Chief Science Officer. That means we will receive a new First Officer and I have gotten word that, though I have no details yet, Starfleet apparently has already assigned us a new First Officer and there is a chance that they will show up at some point during the party.

Ch'Nilmani: response

When she heard the voice Jalana's head whipped around to where she believed it came from. There was a vague familiarity, had she heard it before?

Rajel: Excuse me?

Ch'Nilmani: response

When the guy stood up Jalana blinked and stared at him out of widened green eyes. She knew that guy. Her Arentis Tourguide, who had - she was almost sure - relentlessly flirted with her. Well that would very much put a lock on more of that. She realized her mouth hung slightly open and closed it before she cleared her throat. What a surprise. It took her a moment to find her words, but hey, she did!

Rajel: Well in that case. Please welcome our new First Officer. Diz'mim.

Anyone: response

Jalana eyed him for another moment before she turned her attention back to the crowd.

Rajel: That was it for today. If you have not found yourself in the line of fire for a new pip, your time will come. ::She smiled:: Now enjoy the party! We have the place for us the whole night. Again congratulations and thank you for being the best crew I could ask for.

With that she stepped down from the little stage and the holo band began to play again.

Anyone: response

-----
Commodore Jalana Rajel
Commanding Officer