Commodore Jalana Rajel - Shinies, UNinterrupted!

Jess

Jun 17, 2023, 12:48:43 AM6/17/23
to IC Conny

((OOC: I will not include Azura's speech because this will be real long already, but it happens during the summary paragraph :) ))

(( Saloon ))

Now that everyone was here, Jalana moved to the small stage and turned to her crew. Watching them she smiled to herself, feeling incredibly lucky. Then she dinged a small fork against her glass.

Rajel: Everyone could I have your attention, please?

There were various voices that she couldn't hear or deciper from here but she got the attention of her crew. So she continued.

Rajel: ::smiling:: Most of you can guess what happens next, but... I have to disappoint you. There will be a moment of delay first. ::grinning:: I promised Azura the floor before we get to my favorite part. ::Looking around:: Azura, where are you, the floor is yours.

With that Azura stepped forward and Jalana stepped aside. She smiled as she listened. Knowing what Azura would be telling the crew she had a good chance to watch the crew without being blindsided or surprised out of the blue. Though she had not anticipated the eulogy for Lazarus or his hologram. As she listened she kept her hand on her drink, green eyes wandering through the room. She did not anticipate any issues, not with a crew like hers, and not in this day and age. She did however expect curiosity which was a good thing.

Ada: But more to the point: I know all of you, or at least a slightly different version of you. It's not just because I served on a ship with you but because I am the same person as Lazarus.::She grinned and dramatically tossed her hair back.:: Except I'm prettier. I transitioned during my PhD, and became who I really am--Azura Ada.

Jalana smirked slightly, looking into her class. Of course she had to point out that she was prettier. She had pretty much just met Azura but she felt like the person to do that. Full of confidence.

Anyone: response

Ada: I know this is a unique circumstance. I know that learning that Lazarus is lost to you is painful, just as it's painful to me to know that I can not go home. But I am both the same person you knew and someone else entirely. When I look out across this room, I see my shipmates, my comrades, my friends, and my family. I know that in time you'll see the same when you look at me.

Anyone: response

Ada: Well... I think I've done enough talking. Thank you, Jalana, for giving me the stage, but now I will return it to you!

Azura motioned to her and Jalana smiled walking past Azura as she stepped down, reaching out to gently squeeze her arm if it was allowed and moved up onto the stage.

Rajel: Thank you Azura, don't go too far. ::She smirked and paused before looking to her crew. :: I am sure for some of you this came as a surprise, but I am looking very much forward to get to know Azura. And I am most definitely exploiting this as a perfect segway into my favorite part of parties like these. Because the first announcement will let you know that we all get a lot more time to get to know Azura. ::She smiled with a brief look to the woman and then looked back to her people.:: All investigations have been concluded and after a meeting with Headquarters, I am happy to announce that the Admiralty agreed to keep Azura with us on the Constitution. ::She smiled and raised a hand:: That is not all. I am proud to announce that Azura will fill the position of First Officer from now on. Congratulations, Azura.

Ada/Everyone: response

((OOC Going forth when we say that "everyone who participated in a mission" receives a ribbon that includes the Player Characters and the PNPCs that were *actively* involved in the mission plots. ))

Rajel: Now after this announcement I have a whole lot of shinies to spread among you all. These ribbons are being brought to your quarters by a yeoman, so you won't have to worry where to leave them throughout the rest of the party. Now let me start so you can go back to Karaoke and fun soon. ::She grinned and cleared her throat slightly:: First I would like to hand out Service Ribbons you all earned during our mission to Daaka. Since some of you were not present during that mission here is a very quick rundown. Daaka is home to a colony of Aquatic Xindi and we were invited to the wedding of the Colony's leader and the son of another colony from Horibu. After a little while we realized that something was wrong, as everyone down on the planet for a longer time began to act in strange ways. Eventually it was revealed that a hormone in the water affected us and a counter was created. Everyone involved in this mission was vital to make sure that no major incident disturbed the peace, and we did so by working together with the Xindi Leadership of Daaka. So I am happy to reward those involved with the Peacekeeper Service Ribbon and Joint Meritorious Unit Award. Congratulations.

Everyone: response

Rajel: Many of us went to the planet's surface to explore the colony and a planet that Starfleet has not been able to research yet. We were the first Starfleet group to ever be invited and welcome to visit and we used that chance to collect a lot of data that will be invaluable for many different branches of Starfleet. For that those that have visited the surface, exploring and discovering parts of Daaka and what it had to offer, receives the Explorer's Ribbon. Congratulations.

Everyone: response

Rajel: But this mission was more than just enjoying a wedding and exploring. It was hard work, preparation to even get there, finding a solution for our dilemma and more. The waters of Daaka are made of a unique composition that brought its own challenges if we did not want to be electrocuted with our own base power output. The engineering team worked hard to develop and improve on the Aquashuttle to get us to the planet. In addition to that they worked together with Science, Medical, Security and OPS on our diving suits that allowed us to leave said shuttles, to be able to communicate and find ways to defend ourselves without endangering us, the Xindi or other wildlife. Additionaly Medical has developed a protective goo as way as chemical compound that protected the divers from aftereffects of spending prolonged time in such depths as we visited the Ocean's ground. It is impossible to point out single contributions as all of it made it even possible for us to partake in this endeavour. For that I reward Engineering, Medical, OPS, Security and Science officers who worked on the preparations the Scientific Discovery Ribbon. Thank you, and Congratulations.

Everyone: response

Rajel: Many of us who were down in the waters would not have been able to realize that something was wrong, and what was happening without the skills of Cade Foster and Mark Two Foster. They realized there was an issue, worked together to find out what it was, determined the cause and resolved it by developing a counteragent to the hormonal influence. It's my pleasure to award their hard work with the Starfleet Investigation Ribbon.

Foster: response

((OOC: Also Mark if he is here, if not Mark will know soon enough :D ))

Jalana grinned and looked into the group. No she was not done and she enjoyed that way too much. Though the next batch of Service Ribbons were about a mission that had been way less pleasant than the Daaka one.

Rajel: While it was not a Starfleet given Mission, HQ has approved me to hand out some Service Ribbons regarding our last little ... stint. I am proud that all of us have come together to save some of our own after they had been captured by a group of Orion Syndicate members. First I would like to say, just becaues you receive a ribbon does not mean to do this again. ::She smirked:: But I like to reward your resolve, and acknowledge all you have gone through with these ribbons. So'Mior and Imas Heeka receive the Prisoner of War Ribbon. Imas will in addition receive the Purple heart for the deep seated psychological injuries she has carried away.

Everyone: response

Rajel: In this same area is the next Service Ribbon. After we retrieved So'Mior and Imas, the latter had been trapped in a mental way and unconscious. It needed a lot of effort to get her out of it so she could join us in the present again. For that Evelyn Veir and T'Seva receive the Recovery Ribbon, after working together to make that possible.

Veir/T'Seva/Everyone: response

Rajel: There is no way around to say it any differently but, us storming the Thornwater saved lives. Not only those of our people but the lives of the remaining Thornwater Crew and the refugees as well. Everyone who was in the away missions helped making that happen and I am honered to reward you all with the Life Saving Ribbon. Well done!

Everyone: response

Rajel: Azura had still been new to this dimension when she requested to help during this mission. Knowing that she had experience I allowed it, because we needed every hand we could get. While not officially a part of this crew in this dimension she jumped in without hesitation and took lead or a team, keeping the pirates on the Thornwater distracted, as long as she and T'Seva were able to on the Quill. ::She paused:: When you hear Chief Medical Officer, you don't immediately think of someone able to navigate a Pirate ship and call the shots on how to deal with them. Cade did exactly that. He did not only lead his team to saving the refugees but also kept his team safe and took care of a bunch of pirates on the way. Both of these examples show incredible ability in leadership and it is my honor to reward Azura and Cade with the Leadership Excellence Ribbon. Congratulations.

Foster/Ada/Everyone: response

Rajel: While I may not be well versed in technology - quite ironic I know - I read in my reports that one member has quite creatively used a number of programming routines and holographic helpers to diffuse situations and work around issues on the Thornwater. For that it is my pleasure to award the Innovation Ribbon to Kimberly Stapledon. Congratulations.

Stapledon/Everyone: response

Rajel: And last but not least, I know we are all tired of the Syndiacte and wish we could just throw them into the next black hole, but facing them once more means that we are all rewarded with the Syndicate Ribbon. May it be the last one in a long row of them. ::She smiled and raised her glass:: That's it from me, and look at that, no emergency interruptions! Enjoy the rest of the party. To the Conny!

Everyone: response

((OOC: Congratulations everyone! :) ))

-----
Commodore Jalana Rajel