Senior Cmdr Nugra - The Shockwave and then duct tape

Captain Nugra

May 3, 2021, 7:25:38 PM5/3/21
to 'Sarah Eccles' via USS Constitution-B – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG
(( Bridge - USS Constitution-B ))

It was the sound of metal that Made Nugra glance up to the screen where Jalana was talking to the pirates. That was a sound he was quite familiar with having been on enough damaged ships in his career.

Davis: Wait! Now I’m starting to read micro-fractures on their hull. We’ve got to get them out of there. New estimate says 3 minutes before hull rupture.

Rajel: =/\= You have no time to make demands. You either want to live or you will go down with your ship. =/\=

oO Please choose your ship. Oo

Fuse: =/\= I don’t think you are either, Captain. The implosion of this ship could have catastrophic results on both of your vessels as well. =/\=

oO More reason to just shoot him and get it over with. Oo

Davis: :: to Fuse :: Please, please accept our help.

Lystra: =/\= They won’t. They’d rather die and let their Captain live a good long life, laughing at his crew for taking the fall for him while he goes on doing all the things he wants to do. =/\=

Saveron: =/\= Commodore, the Federation does not need these miscreants. Their ship is destabilizing; if we simply wait, the problem will resolve itself. =/\=

Rajel: =/\= You may be right. Why take away precious time and resources to deal with someone who clearly doesn't want to live another minute. I should have known better than to think the Syndicate would value their lives higher than this. =/\=

Fuse: =/\= You have no understanding of the Syndicate. =/\=

Lystra: =/\= Two minutes, thirty five seconds until catastrophic hull breach. =/\= ::She announced so all could hear::

Saveron: =/\= Recommend we move to safe range to avoid the blast when their warp core breaches. That will take us out of transporter range. =/\=

Rajel: =/\= Affirmative. Nugra back up. Sirn, power to forward shields. =/\=

Nugra: Gladly, Commodore.

Sirn: Yes, Commodore.

Nugra tapped the commands and thought he felt the inertia dampners adjust to his abrupt shift to 100 meters a minute.

Fuse: =/\= So that’s it? =/\=

Rajel: =/\= As you can see we are backing away. You may want to die, but my crew has a strong will and instinct to survive. Within the next 30 seconds we will be out of transporter range. This is your last chance. Contact us before it is too late. Constitution out. =/\=

Nugra leaned back to watch the show ready to jump the ship to full impulse if necessary.

Rajel: Go as slow as you can, Nugra. Give them the time we can afford before we have to get out of radius.

T'Seva: We'll never find Captain Coward, though.

Nugra ::small sigh:: slowing to 500 meters per minute.

Rajel: I don't know if, but I want to give them the chance.

Horne: =/\= Horne to Sirn =/\=

Nugra listened to the new voice that was coming in.

Sirn: =/\= Yes Lieutenant. =/\=

Horne: =/\= Going off a hunch here.  Sending you something I want you to look at =/\=

Sirn: =/\= Interesting. =/\=

Horne: =/\= If I'm right we're going to be busy transporting lifeforms off of the Theseus shortly and we're going to need to figure out how to do it without overloading the transporter system.  What do you think? =/\=

Sirn: =/\= I do believe that this would do exceptionally well in distributing the load between sections. I shall begin implementing it on this side. =/\=

Horne: response

Rajel: How much time to we have left?

Sirn looked over the sensor data. They didn’t have much time at all.

Any: response
Rajel: Double time. You have seconds before we have to leave transporter range.

Any: response

The tension grew as the saucer slowly drew backwards away from the dying ship.

Fuse: =/\= Theseus to Constitution. You win. Five souls ready for transport. =/\=

Rajel: Get them out. Now! I don't care where you drop them, get security there.

Five. How many were willing to stay behind a die instead of being captured? That was quite a deviation from the Syndicate he knew. Before the quadrant wide quashing of the Syndicate, most would have surrendered as they had a better chance of living and causing more problems in the future. This type of fanatacism was new.

Sirn: ::tapping at his console:: Transport complete. Five lifesigns brought aboard and placed in a vacant cargo hold on Deck 4.

Rajel: Back off, maximum impulse, try to stay between them and the Stardrive section. Keep power on the shields.

Slamming his fist on the button, causing the impulse engines to burn hot and throw the ship closest to Light speed as it could without an active warp field. The viewscreen captured the giant flash of light as the vessel disintigrated in to microns and the sensors detected the incoming shockwave.

Nugra: Brace for impact.

The wave hit but all that happened was the links blinked and the saucer section rocked from the impact. The inertial dampners did not catch everything and the Gorn found himself almost thrown from his chair. He was sure he left claw marks on the board as he held on for dear life.

Nugra: Well...That as a ride.

Rajel: Call Saveron.

Nugra: On screen.

Saveron: =/\= response =/\=

Rajel: =/\= How is the Stardrive holding up? Is anyone hurt? =/\=

Saveron: =/\= response =/\=

Rajel: =/\= From the looks we are okay, shaken but unhurt. At least on the bridge. We have a bunch of reports from all over the section, but are working on it. =/\=

Saveron: =/\= response =/\=

Rajel: =/\= I'll take you up on that later, but now I think we have to get our people back. Do we see it correctly that your shields are down? =/\=

Saveron: =/\= response =/\=

She looked up to Sirn and thought for a moment.

Rajel: =/\= Sirn, Jacob, is it possible to expand our shields to cover the starboard section as well so we can move through the nebula to the mine and after that to the station? =/\=

Any: =/\= response =/\=

Rajel: =/\= I don't think the computer is able to do an automatic joining right now and manual takes time, we have people in a mine packed with pirates. I'd rather not have to wait. =/\=

Any: =/\= response =/\=

For the next few, Nugra listened quietly to the discussions back and forth while he piloted the vessel on a course that brought them around to the stard drive section. He was hoping he would be relieved of this position before they figured out how to get themselves to reconnect again. He did NOT want to be in charge of that. After awhile past, he heard his Commodore get up and he turned in his seat to see the Trill heading for the turbolift.

Rajel: I'll meet our guests, you have the bridge. Call me if anything happens.

Nugra nodded to T'Seva recognizing her authority. Yes, he might have out ranked her in grade in the Gorn military but this was a Starfleet vessel. He was almost like a civilian given special powers by the Captain.

T'Seva: Aye...Jalana.

Yep. It stuck in his throat too. The Gorn was glad to see he wasn't the only one.

((OOC: Gonna adjust this slightly to take into consideration Jalana's OOC. ))

T'Seva: Let's get together comprehensive damage and casualty reports.

Nugra: Damage control teams are already working on the priority 1 systems. I can get the secondary non-emergency issues started.

T'Seva: response

Nugra: What limited information I'm getting is most of the damage is superficial with a few cracks and fractures. We did not nearly take the beating the starddrive section took.

T'Seva: response

Nugra: Ensign Sirn, not quite sure of the systems on this side but are you familiar with getting damage control up and running?

Sirn: response

T'Seva: response

Anyone: response

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Senior Commander Nugra
Intelligence Officer
USS Constitution-B NCC 9012-B
'17 Simming Prize Laureate
Simming Prize Administrator 2019-Present
Simming Prize Trustee 2021-Present
V238008N10
---
he/him (player & Character)