PNPC "Queen" - Future plans (Backsim)

Jess

Oct 15, 2021, 11:30:54 PM10/15/21
to IC Conny

(( Tengoku No Mon, Starbase 104 - Backsim ))

She felt a little awkward though because she didn't really know where she would set that first question. She thought about it though. She always had so many questions but now that she could ask them, none of them wanted to pop back into her mind.

Davis: :: chuckling :: Yeah, that’s a good place to start. Let’s see…

She watched him take another bite of the nigiri and then just blurted out the first thing she thought of.

Queen: What is your favorite food?

Davis: Heh, that’s a natural place to start. Hard to say. But, sushi is definitely my favorite meal for special occasions. But overall? Hm...

Queen: We can work up to other things, just have to start somewhere, right? ::She waggled her head in the smiling manner.:: I figured we go back and forth.

Davis: :: smiling broadly :: Yes, I like that idea. Ok, so I think I figured it out: my favorite food, overall, is my lentil chili.

Queen: I don't think I know that. What is it?

Davis: Ah! It’s a stew made primarily from small, round legumes. It’s heavily spiced, at least for human food.

Queen: Ah. Maybe we can have it sometime. Alright, your turn.

Davis: I’d love to make it for you. Ok, my turn. After you solve your people’s energy crisis, what do you want from life?

The news that he would cook for her made her feel warm and ... fuzzy. Was that fuzzy? Felt like fuzzy. Though his question brought her back to the present and a more serious footing. Couldn't he have asked for her favorite color? If she liked swimming or even which Star Constellation she thought was pretty?

Queen: That is a ... big question.

Davis: I like big questions.

The Linara leaned back and let out some air as her mind tried to find an answer.

Queen: To be honest with you, I never thought about that. I am not used to look far into the future. ::After all it could have ended any day. Even though she had been here for a while already she still had to get used to having more chances of having a tomorrow, a next week, month or even year. But she did have one realisation.:: I wouldn't want to follow my parents' footsteps of Engineering. While I feel it's my duty to help now, I don't really have interest in the field. Other than that I don't know what options I even have. So I would most likely look around, try out things here and there to find what I want to do. Maybe it's music, maybe it's dance, or breaking things for stress release. Maybe none of the above or all of it. I don't know yet.

The way she talked with Lazarus, was a kind of talk she had with nobody else. She tended to be direct, abrasive, and mostly confused about what was expected in conservations but with him things were different. It was easy. Well mostly. Sometimes it was awkward but she still knew she could just be herself and he didn't judge her for it. Or if he did, he didn't show it. So when she was with him, she talked a lot more than usual. It felt strange to be that open, but also good.

Davis: Yeah, I could totally see that for you.

Queen: Which part? Where I break things or the one where I don't know yet if I may not actually do it?

She waggled her head back and forth with what sounded like an attempt to laugh.

Davis: response

Queen: I have to admit that I have realized I slacked a lot since coming on board. Getting used to the new environment, people, lifestyle ... it was overwhelming. It still is. But as I mentioned I started to get back to my mission. But I also wish to find my place in this society. And I will work on figuring that out and will find the answer to what to do in the progress.

Davis: response

Queen: My turn then, you are an attractive successful man. Why were you not mated before we met?

She knew why she had not, but he lived her in relative safety. While Starfleet was not the safest place in the universe it was better than many other places. Were there other reasons for him to not seek a mate?

Davis: response

-----
PNPC Qeene "Queen"
Spouse of Lazarus Davis