PNPC LtJG Imas Heeka - control of what?

Josh Davis

May 21, 2022, 11:08:34 PM5/21/22
to sb118-con...@googlegroups.com
(( Starbase 104 - The Space ))

Heeka: No, no, nothing bad. I'm trying to be more vulnerable with you, if that's something you want. After barbeque, that is.

T'Seva: It is absolutely something I want. My quarters?

Heeka: Please.

T'Seva: I don't have a roommate after all, although Dara may decide she likes Cardassian laps.

Heeka: That would be welcome. We bonded when I looked after her, but we were not yet at "laps."

T'Seva turned towards her.

T'Seva: I want to talk about us. If there's an us. What kind of us it might be.

Heeka: I think there already is an "us," but much of it is unspoken.

T'Seva: I haven't always been the best at vulnerable either. I might not be culturally Vulcan, but the biology is still there...the feelings that sometimes just have to be set aside. I'm fortunate. I'm only half Vulcan, it's never...I've never had to flee into logic to stay sane.

Heeka: I understand. Our programming is deep within us.

T'Seva: But control...control is still important.

T'Seva reached up to touch her earring, then extended her hand toward Imas. Imas reached out and grasped it, gave her a squeeze, lingered, and let go. "Control"? Of what?

T'Seva: Let's get some of that barbecue?

Heeka: It smells amazing.

T'Seva: And we can sit on the beach and watch silly people play in boats.

Heeka: Unlike the silly people that raced in them? :: She laughed::

Laughter was another thing that was coming to her more and more easily these days. It felt... good. She used to think people that laughed a lot were fools, but maybe they already knew something she was only starting to appreciate: living.

They started to walk toward the food and festivities.

T'Seva: ?

Heeka: I guess we'll have to see who he picks. Do you know Cade well?

T'Seva: ?

Heeka: He seems guarded. :: Takes one to know one. :: But there is a warmth to him.

T'Seva: ?

——
PNPC Lt JG Imas Heeka
Cardassian Exchange Officer
(she/her)

simmed by:

Lieutenant Lazarus Davis
Chief Science Officer
USS Constitution-B
IDIC team member
ASDB team member
C239510LD0
(he/him, character)
(they/them, writer)

“Th’ abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power.”
Brutus in Julius Caesar (2.1.19-20)

((OOC: Please know that all words, thoughts, and actions are strictly IC.))