Commodore Jalana Rajel - The Queen doesn't know

Jessica

Feb 8, 2023, 1:47:01 AM2/8/23
to IC Conny

(( Guest Quarters Azura Ada ))

In other universes, alternative ones, things had been quite different. Different decisions had lead to different lives. But no matter what she had heard from Azura so far lead her to believe that her origin universe was just like this. How did it happen to develop independent from each other but the same?

Rajel: Well. ::She took a sip and placed her cup on the saucer.:: Now that we know that you will remain here, a decision has to be made. You need to know where you want to stay. Here or anywhere in this massive galaxy.

Ada: You know me well enough to know you can't get me off this ship... if you'll have me.

That was what Jalana expected, but of course the decision was with Azura herself. She nodded slightly before she continued.

Rajel: ::smiling gently.:: Well in that case - you do want to stay here - we need to get you checked out with medical, of course counseling because this whole change would mess with anyone's brain. There will be an investigation before you can be reinstated work wise.

Ada: I suppose that makes sense. I trust it will be done within a framework of empathy and kindness towards my identity? Since that is seemingly the only notable difference.

There was another nod from Jalana, she would have to make sure of that. And she had two ways she could go about it. Request an investigator from HQ and hope they would find time in a few months, or...

Rajel: I hate to say it but ::She sighed:: We currently have Captain Prendar on board who as high ranking officer of the SFI could do that investigation. As much as I want to spent as little time with him as possible, it would be faster than requesting someone else.

Ada: Sounds like a charmer. But yes, the sooner the better. I can't stand this limbo.

The Trill nodded. She would do that, talk with him. Oh how much she hated that thought, to ask him for a favor. But it was the best bet they had.

Rajel: And... ::She leaned forward:: ... I need to know what to tell the crew and... Queen.

Ada: Tell them... ::What, exactly?:: Tell them the person they know is here and ok, and also a little different. I didn't exactly go around telling every person I'm a trans woman, but I guess there's no avoiding it if they're to understand that I really, truly am the person they knew. For all intents and purposes, anyway.

Despite all the openness and acceptance in the galaxy, this was still a big step and Jalana was aware of that. That was why that decision was with Azura herself. Usually when these transitions happened the environment, the people around the person becoming their true self had time to adjust, to get to know the person and the changes. This was a sudden change and one that did not happen as conventionally. Switching universes was normally not part of that process.

Rajel: For them their friend or colleague is gone, so knowing that you sit right there in front of them might help. It may take some time for them to get used to it, but I think it is a good idea for them to know if you are okay with that.

Ada: I know, and it's ok that it'll take time. I guess that's really all it is, isn't it? I'll need time to adjust, and so will everyone else.

Jalana nodded slightly and smiled towards Azura.

Rajel: That it'll do. While many things are the same here, there might be the one or other things done or said that happened differently. Small things that you remember differently. It'll be a bit before it feels... normal.

And that was pretty much the same for everyone, the crew, Azura, herself.

Ada: Are you willing to let me be the one to tell everyone? I'd like them to hear it from me. And I'd like you there, with me. Maybe we meet in the conference room? The senior officers and Queen. We can address the Science department later.

Rajel: ::Shaking their head:: Of course you can be the one. I just wonder if you might want to tell Queen in private. Since she isn't an officer, she might not understand how this is possible in the same way and as _his_ wife ... I don't know if she should hear about this in a group briefing.

She highlighted that Queen was Lazarus Wife in this case because this Queen here was directly affected by having married Lazarus not Azura, it was not intended to give Azura any pain.

Ada: response

Rajel: I don't know her well enough to even guess how she will react. At this time she does not know what happened, because I had to find out myself first.

Ada: response

Rajel: What was she like, in your universe?

Ada: response

Rajel: So you met the same way on Zeltion IV?

Ada: response

Rajel: It was a surprise to me, the marriage I mean. So soon after meeting. But since it didn't have any impact on duties or went against Starfleet's rules from what I saw I never questioned it. They are grown people able to make their own decisions. But I was always a bit curious what lead to it.

Ada: response

-----
Commodore Jalana Rajel
Commanding Officer