Lieutenant JG Lystra - A moment to breathe, but not too much. Part 2

Rameses

May 2, 2021, 5:44:14 PM5/2/21
to sb118-con...@googlegroups.com

((ooc: Realized after I sent the first sim that I missed Jalana’s call to the Stardrive section. So, have a part 2!))

(( Battle Bridge, Deck 8, USS Constitution-B ))

The sensors managed to pick up an energy spike from the Theseus, they were trying to create a warp bubble. And it backfired. The attempt lit them up like an incendiary device just before the containment on their warp core failed.

There was a tremendous blinding flare that spread across the darkened viewscreen and then a subsequent rolling shockwave.

The lights on the bridge died as all power went to the hull to keep the drive together as it was pushed back.  The Stardrive was tossed about, even at this distance they felt it hard. She knew that if they had been closer their part of the ship likely would have been lost.

The inertial dampeners whined, struggling to keep up and anyone not bracing would be tossed about the ship like a ragdoll. A small section of the ceiling behind her, near one of the aft consoles, was jostled free and some optical cables dropped through the opening a meter or so.

It felt like forever.  It was seconds.

And then it stopped. Thank the stars. Lystra, though braced as she was, was knocked on her ass.

Foster: Is everyone alright?

The Boslic grumbled while picking herself back up to her feet, loose strands of lavender hair hanging about her face. Her gloved fingers quickly tapped at the LCARs in front of her to check for status reports from across the Stardrive.

Saveron/Horne: ?

Lystra: Still getting reports from across the Stardrive. ::He paused and quickly read through what she saw::

Foster: Well, the good news is, we have no new hull breaches.  The bad news is… we are going nowhere fast.

Lystra: Tactical systems still offline. ::her console updated and she scowled:: More casualties, reported sir. Thirty two wounded. And there’s a plasma fire in Cybernetics lab two on deck twelve. And Shuttle bay three is reporting that one of the type eleven shuttles suffered some minor structural damage after being dislodged from her birth. ::She quickly looked up and added:: Damage control and medical teams are already on it.

Saveron/Horne: ?

Foster: Time to put out a distress call to Starfleet and lick our wounds I would say.

Saveron/Horne: ?

Lystra: Sir, I suggest we wait on the distress call for a moment.

Saveron/Horne/Foster: ?

Lystra: Because, we have to ask why were the Theseus and Minotaur here in the first place. They aren’t the scientific sort.

Saveron/Horne/Foster: ?

Lystra: Our away team could be in danger. I advise we send as many security teams as we can spare and have shuttles for, to the mine. At best, there’s nothing wrong and they just waste a trip and give the miners a slight panic attack.

Saveron/Horne/Foster: ?

Lystra: It would explain why the mine has become inefficient recently. But if there are pirates there, anyone we send should do so cautiously. Last thing we’d want is a massacre or hostage situation.

Though she’d only recently joined the security department, Lystra had been hard studying the department’s procedures and training programs. She still had much to get caught up on, but her own experience in covert operations gave her insight into criminal organizations and especially the Syndicate.

Saveron/Horne/Foster: ?

An incoming hail from the Saucer section came in just then. Lystra looked up at the viewscreen when the transmission was put up on the viewscreen by Sarah.

Saveron: =/\= response =/\=

Rajel: =/\= How is the Stardrive holding up? Is anyone hurt? =/\=

Saveron: =/\= response =/\=

Rajel: =/\= From the looks we are okay, shaken but unhurt. At least on the bridge. We have a bunch of reports from all over the section, but are working on it. =/\=

Saveron: =/\= response =/\=

Rajel: =/\= I'll take you up on that later, but now I think we have to get our people back. Do we see it correctly that your shields are down? =/\=

Saveron: =/\= response =/\=

Jalana looked at someone else on the bridge, Sirn.

Rajel: =/\= Sirn, Jacob, is it possible to expand our shields to cover the starboard section as well so we can move through the nebula to the mine and after that to the station? =/\=

Any: =/\= response =/\=

Rajel: =/\= I don't think the computer is able to do an automatic joining right now and manual takes time, we have people in a mine packed with pirates. I'd rather not have to wait. =/\=

Lystra: =/\= I think Cade mentioned we aren’t able to move. We might need a tow. =/\=

Any: =/\= response =/\=

Lieutenant JG Lystra

Tactical Officer

USS Constitution-B NCC-9012-B