Senior Cmdr Nugra - Parlay...Maybe?

Captain Nugra

May 3, 2021, 6:37:09 PM5/3/21
to 'Sarah Eccles' via USS Constitution-B – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG
(( Bridge - USS Constitution-B ))

Rajel: What in the...

Sirn: I believe it was a warp flare, Commodore. They were attempting to mask their escape or….

Davis: The Dust Bomb detonated, but I can’t track the dust itself. We’ll just have to hope. :: turning to face the viewscreen to see what the flash of light was about :: What in the..?

With everything going on the bridge, the phrase that Jalana had started, Nugra had finished in his head. Everything seemed to be on fire and he felt helpless just moving the flounding saucer section the best he could.

Rajel: Zoom in there! ::She pointed at the screen::

T'Seva: That…

Nugra did not notice what it was from his screen as he was glued to his panel watching the signatures. The short range scanners did pick up something zipping by but not enough to get a lock.

Sirn: Whatever that was, it is gone.

Davis: I’m going to assume that wasn’t a weapon, otherwise they missed terribly.

Nugra: Or it's delayed detonation of some type.

Someone was always trying to kill them, that was something the Gorn got used to.

Rajel: What... who... Did someone just escape from the ship after it was disabled? At .. warp?

T'Seva: Pirates with runabouts and no care, now?

Davis: Looked like a personal escape device.

Nugra: Could they be abandoning the vessel?

Rajel: Can you follow that warp signature or is the nebula interfering?

T'Seva: I can't track it. Davis?

Lazarus furrowed his brow and shook his head.

Davis: Looking at the trajectory leaving the nebula, I’d say it’s likely heading back to Orion space. But no, I can’t get a fix.

Then someone may have abandoned ship, which was an interesting situation. If the escape pods had been activated, they would have been seeing a lot more ejections and IFF beacons requesting help. If anything the enemy vessel was drifting in space not much of a threat any longer. Pirates were tricky; Orion Pirates very much so.

Rajel: Open channel to the Theseus, include the Battle Bridge.

Nugra's claws quickly danced around the panel to activate the channel but also feed it properly to the main viewer.

Rajel: =/\= Constitution to Theseus. I see you lost something of yours. It may be time for re-negotiations. =/\=

Theseus: =/\= Oh, something or someone has definitely been lost. =/\=

T'Seva: And I would say you owe no loyalty to whoever that was, given how much they showed to you.

Lystra: =/\= Loyalty is a word never used in the same sentence as the Syndicate. ::She scoffed:: =/\=

Rajel: =/\= We know you can't handle more of this. If you surrender now, we have some cozy cots in our brig. =/\=

Fuse: =/\= I do believe it will be extremely difficult to get our remaining crew to surrender. There are many that have ill will towards the Federation. =/\=

T'Seva: =/\= The Commodore has honor. You will not be harmed, although you may face trial. =/\=

Honestly, it was much more than the Gorn Hegemony would offer. If this had been a Gorn vessel, marine boarding parties would be already forcfully cuffing these pirates and terminating those who resisted. There was honor but there was rarely mercy. If you resisted, you lived with the consequences.

Fuse: =/\= I have no doubts that your Commodore has honor. But this crew holds reservations. What are they to expect from the Starfleet Penal system? Being sent to labor camps? Tossed into a prison for the remainder of their days? Those are outcomes they are not so ready and willing to accept. =/\=

Lystra: =/\= Be glad. Both of those scenarios see them still breathing. What do think the Klingons, or Gorn would do to you if they were in our place? Oh, that’s right. You wouldn’t be having this conversation. =/\=

Nugra chuckled. Lystra might have a good idea what his people would have done. The Gorn, for a moment, considered requesting to be in the transporter room, just to re-emphasize how lucky they were to be in Starfleet hands and not his.

Rajel: =/\= As much as I understand your position, your pride won't do you any good if you are dead. =/\=

Fuse: =/\= I’m sure there is some kind of agreement that we can come to Commodore. =/\=

Davis: Commodore, based on my readings, they have maybe 8 minutes before their hull ruptures. Probably less since they’ve taken damage already.

Lystra: =/\= I estimate seven. We did a number on their scow. =/\=

Rajel: =/\= The agreement would be that you are alive and that my crew won't harm you. I have no influence on the courts, nor am I going to speak for you, after all you were the ones to attack us. =/\=

Fuse: =/\= If we agree to surrender…=/\=

Nugra: ::muttering:: Your death would not even give me indigestion, scum.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Senior Commander Nugra
Intelligence Officer
USS Constitution-B NCC 9012-B
'17 Simming Prize Laureate
Simming Prize Administrator 2019-Present
Simming Prize Trustee 2021-Present
V238008N10
---
he/him (player & Character)