Ensign T'iuwen - A Distraction

1 view

T'Iuwen

Sep 26, 2022, 6:54:26 PM9/26/22
to sb118-con...@googlegroups.com
(( Outside Cleaning Station - Xindi Colony - Daaka ))

Shedet: I'll be fine. I promise. Sorry to distract everyone from the
cave of doom. We want to go back in or look at something else?

Flores: I think we really saw all that there was to see in there, the
cleaner fish. Unless anyone thinks otherwise I would vote for going on
to see what else there is.

Ohnari: I hope they enjoyed their mini meal.

T'iuwen: I am happy to go anywhere.

T'iuwen was distracted, as she had been for a while. Her brain felt floaty and relaxed, which was very odd. She had spent her entire life extremely tense and serious, anxious to not let any stray emotion filter through. She felt now like a weight had been lifted off her chest.

Actually, that was rather amusing, considering she was under more weight than she'd ever been in her life, with a literal ocean above her.

Flores: Tano, are there any places where we could see Xindi technology
or agriculture in action? I am fascinated to see the logistics of life
here in the underwater colony. It is so different from our own environments. A comparison between our works and systems would be fascinating.

Ohnari: Oh that sounds simply majestic!

T'iuwen hummed an agreement.

Shii: I do not know where they are now, but the kelp growths are of
interest.

Shedet: I'm all for kelp.

T'iuwen got distracted again as a shiny fish swam by.

Spears: =/\= Spears to all teams. Just looking for a quick status
report. Did you all find your way to the city alright? =/\=

Flores: =/\= Aquashuttle Three team here, we’re all safe and accounted
for. We might have given a local squid a bit of a scare, but no harm
done. =/\=

Ohnari: Poor thing...I still feel kind of bad I wasn't shrimp.

Flores: Response?

T'iuwen: Shrimp. ::she stared off after the shiny fish::

Shii: Now that everyone is satisfied, we can go to the kelp growths.
They will be on the perimeter of the colony.

Ohnari: Wow you seem to have such knowledge of this area, you must
frequently stumble upon turned around guests...

Flores: Response?

Shii: I will find a map or directions, but first we must find someone.
This way.

Shedet: This place is pretty interesting.

Ohnari: It's absolutely beautiful. Everywhere I look there is something
new I have never seen before. Although, did you say you may need a map?

Flores: Response?

Shii: Wait here, I will ask.

Shedet: Surprisingly calm for a bustling city.

Ohnari: Other than the razor leeches, almost everything seems
surprisingly calm....well...on the surface. Except...it's below the
surface? I wonder what the right phrase would be..::she trailed off to
herself, stuck on figuring out the proper idiom for the surface of a
submerged surface...it seemed imperative for her to find the answer.:: ooh! The shallows? Would it be the shallows...?

Shedet/Flores: Response?

There was something else shiny in the distance. Maybe it would be something pretty?

Ohnari: Perhaps? I guess that's a new issue, different terms that
surface dwellers would face when discussing oddities with the local
underwater population. Although, I believe that's true for nearly all of
us, what might be a perfect example of a phrase where I am from might
mean a hill of muskan seeds to you.

Someone was spinning. It made the water move unpleasantly.

T'iuwen: No. Will go find the shiny.

Shedet/Flores/T'iuwen: Response?

She started to wander off in the direction she had seen the shiny thing.

Ohnari: Huh? Sorry I was...hold on, I'm trying to...whoa, dizzy.

Shedet/Flores: Response?

((OOC: as a Vulcan with autism, T'iuwen is a very repressed person, so the good feelings stuff is going to make her very very drunk.))

TAG/TBC

Ensign T'iuwen
Security Officer
USS Constitution-B