Commander Saveron: Do, or do not, there is no try.

1 view

Sarah Eccles

Aug 3, 2021, 5:04:54 AM8/3/21
to sb118-con...@googlegroups.com

(( First Officer's Office ))

Saveron had the privilege of mentoring Siance Thyar when she was a cadet. Now a fully graduated Ensign, he appreciated opportunities to discuss Counselling matters, and simply to converse.

Right now they were talking about those rescued from the Orion Syndicate Pirates who had taken control of the Deep South Dilithium Mine.

Thyar: They will need further assistance but most of them prefer to seek it in a familiar setting while they are able to be with family, which I support. I do plan on follow ups in a little while to inquire if they are getting the help they need, with the miners who agreed to my checking in on them later on.

Saveron: Appropriate. Do ensure however that you are not over working yourself. ::He reminded her.::

She leaned forward, the glass in her hands with a little smile on her face.

Thyar: There is a lot to do at the end of a mission like this. I do try to balance it though, but you know that with the extra visitors we all have more on our plate in Counseling.

Saveron: I am aware that I have been busy following the end of our mission but I am still available to the Counselling department. Additionally we can utilise the Starbases’ resources if necessary.

Thyar: ::smiling:: I know. I saw that you talked to Ensign So'Mior. I am grateful for that, as a Vulcan you have a better insight into his psyche than me. Your assistance with him and in general for Counseling are very much appreciated.

He inclined his head slightly, acknowledging her words. It had seemed appropriate, both given their shared cultural heritage and his very personal understanding of So’Mior’s trauma.

Saveron: Of course. Your skills and ability are never in doubt. I am simply aware of the demands regularly placed on both Sickbay and Counselling following a stressful mission. So I will ask you what plans you have for shore leave.

He didn’t smirk, because Vulcans didn’t, but he could have.

The young Trill leaned back again and blew breathe out of her mouth.

Thyar: To be honest I haven't made any plans. Taking things as they come. And so far it's been either work or spending time to wind down in my quarters.

Saveron: A valid use of time, though one would suggest that you might get bored of your quarters, unless your current work-life balance has swung in favour of work.

The words were said gently, with a hidden fondness. He’d guided the young Trill through her training, helping her work her own way through some of the more complex aspects, as well as her unusually complex family life.

Thyar: Well, I said I am _trying_ to balance it not that I am managing. ::She smiled wryly.::

Saveron: Trying is the first step, but one must keep taking steps.

Thyar: I know. I have only a few more stops today, but after that I guess I could visit the station for a bit, maybe the market, or one of these entertainment options, since the Conny is halfway shut down during repairs.

Saveron: Indeed. With the miners now transiting to their destinations, your workload should be significantly reduced. I understand that there is to be a Night Market on the Promenade…

Which was only a name. The station had a simulated day/night cycle, so the lights were dimmer, but without a star to orbit there was no true day, only eternal night and the glittering stars.

Thyar: Okay Okay, I promise I will go out and enjoy myself tonight. Maybe I could make a trip to Trill for a day or two. Visit my mom, see how things are doing back home.

Saveron: Indeed. There are plentiful slipstream transports now that Starbase 104 is the major southern hub.

Thyar: What about you, Commander? Any plans?

Saveron: Affirmative. I will be making a short trip to Vulcan, and returning via Deep Space Nine and the USS Thor, to attend a previous commanding officer’s promotion ceremony.

He’d served under Aron Kells for many years, and the invitation to witness his promotion to Commodore was particularly welcome.

Thyar: ?

Saveron: Commodore Rajel is my fifth commanding officer during the course of my Starfleet career. Each has been different, and I have learned valuable lessons from all of them.

Thyar: ?

The Vulcan shrugged enigmatically.

Saveron: Transfers happen. I find it best to view them as opportunities. And to appreciate the present.

Because the future was uncertain, for a host of reasons, of which a future transfer was one of the more benign. But it was also exciting and full of potential, which was why they were out there.

Thyar: ?

TAG

Commander Saveron

First Officer