Lieutenant Jacob Horne - Honey Do

Jeff Newell

Jul 31, 2021, 8:27:49 PM7/31/21
to sb118-con...@googlegroups.com
((USS Constitution - Random Conference Room))

The group had assembled with everyone seeming to be from the ops and engineering teams.  Lots of familiar faces but at least one new face that Jacob had only recently met.  He was a Bolian in a gold collar.  Other than a rather unique hairstyle everything looked to be in order as far as Jacob was concerned.

Jalana got the meeting started.  Jacob sat up a little straighter in his chair as she started talking.

Rajel: Thank you for coming. As you may have heard, as part of the repairs we are undertaking the massive task of making some upgrades, adding some areas to the ship and changing up some others. The list is long, and I know that you all have a long to do list already thanks to the repairs, but I hope that we can find the resources to work on both.

Horne: Always up for a challenge.  The crew is busy but if we can get a few extra hands from Starbase 104 I'm sure we can help.

Scarrow/Sirn/anyone: response

Rajel: I prepared PADDs for you with the details. ::She took the pile and handed out PADDs around the table, strolling from one to the next.:: Have a look and we can talk about the items if you have questions.

Horne: Ok let's see...

Scarrow/Sirn//anyone: response

Jacob started to scroll through the list.  With all of the repairs going on he was expecting just one or two things on the new "honey do" list so he was rather surprised when he saw what Jalana had presented.

== PADD Content ==

* Teahouse - Adjacent to the Brew Continuum Coffee shop area divided by the joined kitchen.

* Spa - Extension of the hair salon

* Holographic chair system throughout the ship (Based on Sirn/Horne Research)

* Viewing window installation in the Saloon connecting to the Cetacean tanks

* Medical and Science upgrades

* Tactical holosuite with advanced programs installation

* LCARS software upgrades with the newest bug fixes and security updates

== // PADD Content ==

Jalana waited a moment to let everyone read up before raising her voice again.

Rajel: Medical and Science updates are more detailed and are still hammered out with the Department Heads, everything else is pretty much green lit. Any questions?

Ollo looked to Sirn and Jacob, his fellow engineers, to see if they had any questions.

Horne: This is quite a bit of work.  Is the ask to have these upgrades completed at the same time as the ship repairs?

Scarrow/Sirn/anyone: response

Kapoor: I assume that resources needed are provided?

Rajel: ::nodding:: Yes. I spoke with Captain Inejiro from Starbase 104. He agreed to provide what we may not be able to produce ourselves, Equipment upgrades are currently on route to the Conny. Once they arrive their installation would be needed.

Jacob looked over the list again.  There weren't many plug and play items.  These were going to take time, some more than others.  Not just the installation but the commissioning and testing or the new systems and getting them integrated into the ship's software.  And of course, lots of planning and coordination between the Constitution and Starbase 104 crews.  This was going to be a challenge but he was confident in the group that Jalana had brought together.

Heeka: I will begin coordinating the equipment delivery process. Ensign Scarrow, what are your specialties?

Scarrow/Sirn/anyone: response

Horne: I'll, uh, let the chief know that we'll be needing to recalibrate our resources.

Heeka: I see. Then I suggest you start there. Check in with me when you have completed that task.

Scarrow/Any: ?

Horne: Any specific priority or order that you would like for us to work in?

Rajel/Any: ?

Horne: I guess we should divy up the workload then huh?  Anyone have any strong feelings about any of these?

Heeka/Scarrow/Sirn/Ollo/Any: ?

Horne: Sirn, I think we're just about ready to deploy the holographic upgrades to work stations right?

Sirn/Any: ?

Lieutenant Jacob Horne
Assistant Chief of Engineering
USS Constitution-B