PNPC Elias Kincaid - Historically shaken

1 view

Rameses

May 2, 2021, 1:51:20 PM5/2/21
to sb118-con...@googlegroups.com

(( Museum Level of the Historical and Archaeological departments, Deck 10, USS Constitution-B ))

Elias groaned a bit as he picked himself up off the floor, a faint dull ache in the back on his right side from where he’d slammed into the bulkhead after that sudden and unexpected jostling.

The Marine in him ran through the scenarios, the ship had stopped shaking and firing its weapons at one point after that intense power surge that dimmed the lights across the deck. Then, suddenly, they move again and within minutes, are tossed about like so much stuffing. It hadn’t felt like the impact from an attack, and he wondered what a ship being destroyed in space could feel like if it blew up hard enough. And which ship was the question that ate at him. They’d separated the Saucer section from the Stardrive and he hoped that they hadn’t just lost a sizable portion of their crew.

Kincaid: oO Can’t think like that Kincaid, now get off yer keister. Oo

Grunting, he slowly pushed himself up with his one hand to a kneeling position but couldn’t get his footing entirely. The loud whirring and whine of metal fatigue caught his ear and he looked down. His jeans were ruined where his cybernetic leg was cracked, a portion of hydraulic jutting through the denim and his pant leg coated in the fluid that had sprayed out.

T. Kincaid: Paw!

His daughter ran over to his side, seeing the damage to his leg, she tucked herself under his one arm and helped hoist himself to his feet, letting him use her as a crutch.

Kincaid: Thank, ya darlin’. ::He grunted:: Much obliged. Looks like, I ain’t gonna be dancin’ any jigs anytime soon. ::He chuckled:: Be a dear and hand me ma hat.

The half Orion picked up his stetson and dusted it off by slapping against her thigh, before settling it onto his head for him. A warm, if scared smile on her face.

T. Kincaid: There ya go paw.

Kincaid: We’re gonna be alright. ::He looked around at the dozens of crew around him. A large number of civilians, since the crew were busy tending to their duty stations:: Y’all alright?

Civilian: No..people are hurt!

Someone called out and Kincaid, with the help of his daughter made his way over to them. Most had just bruises and bumps. But one lady looked like she might have a broken arm and another two had burns from a display that had burst during the impact.

Kincaid: Dontcha worry yerself none. We’re gonna get y’all some help.

The Kincaids moved to the closest console and activated the internal communication system.

Kincaid: Medical emergency in tha Museum. We got a few folks that need some patchin’ up. Burns and broken bones.

Medical: (open tag if anyone wants it)

Elias gave a nod and turned to the large number of civilians around him.

Kincaid: Right, sit tight y’all. Got medics comin’. In the meantime, let’s get those fires out. Should be some emergency gear nearby.

The Marine in him came out as he dolled out orders, keeping those who were the most frantic or frightened busy by giving them tasks to do to distract them from what was happening around them.

When the medical teams finally arrived, they’d gotten the fires under control and Elias, with the help of Tylana, sat down and took a load off. His injury was something superficial. He could have the doctors and engineers fix his leg later. He wasn’t in any physical harm. However, he hoped that the rest of the ship, both parts, were safe now.

========================

PNPC Elias Abernathy Machk Kincaid

Retired Marine - Captain

Civilian - Bartender