Chief Petty Officer Shedet - Why I'm leaving

Shedet

May 16, 2022, 12:51:35 PM5/16/22
to sb118-con...@googlegroups.com
(( The Space - Starbase 104 ))

Rajel: As you can see I'm recovering well.

A non-answer. Honestly, Shedet wasn't expecting much more than that, she
was just not quite sure how to proceed with much of their conversation.
She did not know Jalana well and there was always that pesky rank
between them. That wouldn't matter much anymore since Ishiv was planning
her exit. That was relaxing.

Shedet: You're sure?

Rajel: ::smiling:: Events like these always leave marks hidden from
plain sight. That is why we have Counselors.

Counselors. A strange concept she had not quite understood. Had she seen
counselors? Yes. Starfleet requirement but never did on her own.

Shedet: Very good point.

With the lull of conversation returning, Shedet took a swig of her drink
wondering if she should just leave. This conversation thing was not easy
unless she was trying to get some latinum out of a customer. THAT type
of conversation she was good at.

oO More comfortable manipulating than having a straight conversation.
How pathetic is that. Oo

Rajel: When are you leaving?

The Orion girl almost choked on her drink as Jalana's words reached her
ears. Out of all the things she had been expecting, that was not one of
them.

Shedet: ::shocked:: How the frak did you know?!?!

Rajel: I didn't. I've seen that look in the mirror before.

Dammit. Her face had given it away again. Shedet quickly took another
sip of her drink wishing it was something much much stronger.

Shedet: Ah. I see. ::sighing:: Yes. I'm working on returning to my home.

Rajel: Do you want to tell me what lead to that decision?

Shedet: Do I? No. Should I? Yes. You deserve to know. Long story short,
culture.

Rajel: response

Shedet: On the mission to rescue you, the knowledge I used got the
attention of my old faction. They're not...happy...with me using the
information I did. They understand why I did but they're now not sure
what else I'm willing to do.

Rajel: response

Shedet: My matron is here on Starbase 104. She's pretty much given me an
ultimatum. I need to return home or be excommunicated and all those
doors shut, never to go back. I don't have much here so I thought going
back to what I knew would be better.

Rajel: response

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chief Petty Officer Shedet
Science Officer
USS Constitution-B NCC 9012-B
'17 Simming Prize Laureate
Simming Prize Administrator 2019-Present
Simming Prize Trustee 2021-Present
V238008N10
---
he/him & she/her (player & Character)