Commodore Jalana Rajel - You might miss out on the best things

1 view

Jessica

Sep 27, 2022, 1:33:27 AM9/27/22
to IC Conny

(( Team 1 - Daaka - Xindi Colony ))

Now that her team was off to have a closer look at the ship that was being built, Jalana took a stroll with Balanomi and enjoyed a nice girl talk between the heads of the houses. It seemed that it was not that different between a starship and a colony. Just like herding cats. Her cats. The woman started to talk about relaxing, since nobody could just work all the time and it looked like they agreed on that front.

Rajel: ::Smiling:: Don't tell my counselors but I do at times have a bit of trouble to switch my mind from work to non work. It feels like someone always needs something. Is it the same here?

Amph'ail: It is.  ::She clasped her fins again:: Always much to be done.  But I take some time off to swim and dance and see the new art.  These things help me think more clearly.  Do you do the same?

Rajel: Oh I believe that a balance is important of work and time off work to do something for yourself. Something other than your house that makes you happy and relaxes you. Maybe you can show me sometime.

Amph'ail: I would be happy to show you our art and dancing.  You might like, our art is unique as we create it here within the water!

Rajel: It might be a little tight timewise with your wedding and such, but nobody said we cannot stay in contact afterwards, right?

She grinned and with a push on the trigger for her thrusters she bounced and twirled slightly in the water before Balanomi.

Amph'ail: Stay in contact?  I had not thought of it, but that does sound pleasant.  It is good to talk to another mother of a house.  There are not many on Daaka, and most are old and strict.

The Xindi's tone showed Jalana the surprise but also that it was not unplesant. The Trill smiled, pleased that they could continue talking after the ship might leave. Balanomi did not struck her as old and definitely not rigid.

She looked up to one of the ships that was so big it looked like it was close, even if it was far.

Rajel: How long does it take you to build your ships? Do you plan on traveling as well for state functions and such, or are you content staying in the colony?

Amph'ail: Time depends on the ship.  Small ships?  A quarter or half a cycle.  Large ships – one to three cycles depending on type and size.  ::She paused and considered the second half of the question.:: Travel?  Well, to be honest it is Nimo who loves to travel.  More than any other Xindi I have known.  I am not so enamored with it.

Jalana nodded slightly. It made sense that different sizes of ships too different periods of time. Same went for Starfleet ships, even if they were not growing the ship as the Xindi did, to process more material took more time. She bounced off the ground again, flapping her arms grinning.

Rajel: Who knows, you might like it.

Amph’ail: Ah, true.  I am not against travel, either.  And I have never tried it.  I don’t know, I might end up liking it.

Rajel: ::grinning:: Exactly. You won't know until you try.

Amph’ail: Tell me if I am wrong, but it seems like in Starfleets you don’t get much choice – you just go forward and have to experience new things if that is part of your duty, is that correct?

The subject should have been serious and solem, but Jalana pushed herself off the ground with another arm flap and a giggle, twirling slightly with the help of her thruster.

Rajel: Yep! ::She chirped.:: Well mostly. If it is something going against Starfleet Rules of course not.

And then there was the whole morality thing and all that but that fell down that long hole in the ground Lazarus had almost fallen in earlier. Not literally but out of sight out of mind.

Amph’ail: Is it scary to do new things?  What happens when you don’t want to do it, but you are told you have to?

Rajel: ::grinning:: Yep, new things are always scary because they are new and you don't know what will happen. Funny how that works isn't it?

Amph’ail: And do you ever end up finding you like the new thing, even if you didn’t like it before?

Rajel: Ooooooh definitely! ::She grinned and used the thrusters for another twirl. Maybe a little too strong this time because she ended up doing a somersault and laughed merrily.:: This is fun.

Amph'ail: response

Rajel: Mhm? Oh right yes: Sometimes I do end up liking something. Not always, some things are just never pleasant you know, but it happens. How about you?

Amph'ail: response

Rajel: There is something that one of my former hosts used to say a lot. You know for hosts of a Trill making new experiences is important, that's why we pass on the symbionts, for new experiences.

Amph'ail: response

Rajel: Oh no no, that is not what she said. ::grinning:: She said ... You can't not do something because are afraid of what could maybe happen. If you do that you could also miss out on the best thing you ever did.

Amph'ail: response

Rajel: Oh yes, fear is normal, we all have fears. And it can be useful, keeps us from danger. But when we let fear guide our lives and all we do, then we miss out on a lot. ::Pushing the thrusters she moved upwards and did another somersault with a laugh.:: Like this!

Amph'ail: response

-----
Commodore Jalana Rajel
Commanding Officer