LtCmdr Lazarus Davis - call me Oshmael

1 view

Lazuli Davis

Oct 2, 2022, 9:07:50 AM10/2/22
to sb118-con...@googlegroups.com
(( Xindi Colony, Daaka ))

In seconds, Ed dematerialized. He turned back to Lystra and gave her a thumbs up.

Davis: Well... we know our safety protocols are effective?

Lystra: True. We should probably have done a test as soon as we arrived just to be sure. Don’t know why I didn’t think of that sooner. ::She smiled:: Oh well, they work and Ed’s back on the ship.

Davis: Exactly. We'll update Jalana when we get back. Can't expect this kind of mission to go perfectly, anyway.

She turned and looked back at the massive squid drone that was holding the hull section in place for the shrimp drones to weld together. It was among the strangest and most impressive sights she’d seen since joining Starfleet.

Lystra: Well, it’s just us. And we’ve got about twenty minutes before we told Jalana we’d regroup with her. Wanna see if we can get into one of those ships?

Davis: You know I do!!

The Boslic grinned at the scientist and used her jets to swim closer to one of the more completed ones, and Lazarus followed behind.

Lystra: Should we ask for Uncle Oosh’meal? Os’mail? Dangit, how did she say it?

Davis: I think it was kind of like "Ishmael" but with an O. Oshmael? Ozmael? We'll just have to see!

As they approached the hull, they were greeted by a worker. After an exchange of pleasantries and name-dropping Balanomi, the workers agreed to take them on a tour.

The ship was beautiful and strange all at once. The interior dimensions of the rooms at first felt cramped, but then Lazarus realized that due to the water, they were able to utilize all sides of a room, and not just the floor. Consoles were spread out around the entire bridge. Despite the dimensions of the room, it was actually quite spacious.

Lazarus learned that they do, infact, have grav plating but it's at a very low setting, something like 0.2G. They appeartantly use it as part of the water filtration system more than anything else. Fascinating stuff!

After the tour, they returned to Jalana and Balanomi, and then back to the Conny to rest up!

-end-

((OOC: wrapping up the scene for the timeskip))

——
Lt Commander Lazarus Davis
First Officer
Chief Science Officer
USS Constitution-B
IDIC team member
ASDB team member
C239510LD0
(he/him, character)
(she/they, writer)

“I wanted to prove the sustaining power of music.” – David Bowie