Commodore Jalana Rajel - Don't worry too much about it

Jessica

May 21, 2022, 2:36:35 AM5/21/22
to IC Conny

(( Arboretum, Constitution - The day after the party))

When Kante had joined Jalana they were briefly talking about his flight here and the routine check-ins he would have to go through so he could start working officially, but then she had something else in mind that she felt the need to talk about.

Rajel: There is one important matter though...

Soho: Yes Sir, anything you need Sir?

Yes, exactly that.

Rajel: Please, please do not call me Sir. I am aware that calling your Commanding Officer by first name is not necessarily part of the protocol taught at the Academy, but they did not account for my leadership style. ::She smiled, some of her former hosts would pretty much smack her over the head for that but in this life she lived by her own rules after all.:: I was a medical doctor before I became CO and have continued my informal approach from that time to now.

Soho: My humblest apologies Rajel…. :: He shuddered at how informal it sounded, like it was so familiar for someone he only just met:: I shall try my best to remember, Rajel.

Rajel? That .. well okay that was her Symbiont and what people knew as her last name, but hey even that was better than Sir. So she let it be. He had looked horrified enough already, apparently thinking he did wrong when he couldn't know.

Rajel: Trying is all I can ask for. ::She nodded and then leaned an elbow on a knee she was pulling closer.:: I actually may need your services soon.

Soho: Oh? Already? I know the ship is lacking a Chief Counsellor, I’ve been told that good Counsellors are hard to find and I think that’s why I was so swiftly assigned here without completing the academy, but there are counsellors aboard I hope? Why would you be in such need of me?

Rajel: My crew has been through a lot lately to save me from the hands of the Orion Syndicate. It's a classified mission that is why you have not been informed about it. But to give you the short version. I have been abducted and confined, and in that time been subjected to a surgery, if can even call it that, to have my symbiont removed. Both me and the symbiont are obviously in one piece again, but it was a close call that was only possible because my crew did everything in their power to find and get me. But it is a lot to unravel and work through.

Soho: I uh…well I definitely can help with that, I mean I will need a few minutes to get my bearings and…

Rajel: No, not now. You just arrived and have your route to take. But I am known to try to deal with things myself so I figured I give you a heads up so I have no reason to.

Soho: Ah I see, apologies for being so eager Sir…I mean Rajel. I just really want to make a good impression here. Most Counsellors join a ship already with a pip more than I have and so I feel I have a lot to prove to earn it in the field.

He smiled, though it looked nervous and Jalana couldn't help but smile as well. She knew that feeling too well.

Soho: I will go get my paperwork in order, so to speak, get my quarters assigned and I will endeavour to make sure my new office is ready for you when you need me.

Rajel: Of course. I'm sure your colleagues can't wait to meet you.

He got up from his seat and the small woman followed his movement with her her head.

Soho: If I have your permission, I would like to go get my things in order, unless you need me for anything?

Rajel: ::nodding:: Of course, go ahead. Wouldn't want to keep you from getting started.

Soho: Very well, thank you so much for your kind welcome. I will go get things sorted, then I hope to meet the crew, apparently I missed a good party!

Rajel: It won't be the last. ::She grinned before she leaned forward.:: And Kante?

Soho: response

Rajel: Don't worry Kante, you will do fine. I did my doctor after graduation on my first ship. I know the expectations and pressure you put on yourself, but you won't get any from me. A title doesn't make you a good or bad Counselor. ::She smiled up to him.:: You'll get there when you get there, don't worry too much about it.

She actually had been a Lieutenant or Lieutenant Commander when she finally had gotten her doctor, and she hadn't felt like a proper doctor until then, but now she knew that while it meant a lot, it was still just a title. Her ability was not dependent on it. And she believed the same for him.

Soho: response

The Trill nodded and gestured for him to leave if he wanted to.

Rajel: Welcome aboard, Kante. I look forward to see your story unfold.

Soho: response

She looked after him, a gentle smile on her lips. She remembered being that young and enthusiastic, and nervous. Not that she was old now or not enthusiastic any more. But it was a different kind, the kind you carried on your first assignment. It was refreshing. As he moved out of sight she looked up to the artificial light and inhaled the scent of the flora surrounding her. After that brief moment of silence she picked her PADD back up. Time to finish that paperwork for HQ.

-----
Commodore Jalana Rajel
Commanding Officer
USS Constitution B