Lt Commander Serala: Wow, that escalated rather quickly

Serala

Nov 20, 2020, 12:51:02 AM11/20/20
to USS Chin'toka

(( Bridge, Deck 3 Primary Hull, USS Chin’toka ))

According to the display, sensors were detecting an area of high energy that they hadn’t noticed before. Power readings were enough to indicate a shielded facility of some kind. It was set quite a ways from Keibrom, but the readings didn’t seem to be enough to clue her in to it’s real purpose.

Serala: Mister Callahan, Mister Tal’Aura, what do you two make of this?

Tal’Aura: Our sensors cannot penetrate the protective shield, Commander. I can try modulating frequencies but that will surely alert anybody down there that we are looking.

Callahan: Nothing here, either. But the energy readings are unusually high.

Rosek: :: shakes her head :: I don’t understand. What kind of power output are we looking at here?

Tal’Aura: I am estimating at least three million TeraJoules from my calculations.

Callahan: That’s some serious defensive power. What are they trying to protect?

Rosek: :: arches an eyebrow :: Interesting. Is there anything you can think of that might need that kind of power?

Serala: That is the question of the hour. My instincts would say military. Research facility, possibly a weapons depot. But those are just guesses at this point.

Tal’Aura: Beyond the shield itself the only thing that comes to mind that requires that much power on the surface is a weapons platform… or a cloaking generator.

oO Those are good guesses, as well. Oo

Callahan: It could literally be anything. But I would also agree it has to be a high value target for them to be expending that kind of power.

Rosek: Keep at it, you two. See if you can find anything in our database that might explain those readings.

Tal’Aura: Yes, Commander. I will run a query through the databas--wait. Fvadt. I am detecting an energy surge from within the facility.

Serala quirked her eyebrow at the use of the Romulan expletive. Other than herself and her mother, she had never heard anyone else use it. But he was Rekarian, so that made sense, in a way.

Tal’Aura: ...Readings returning to normal. No new data available.

Callahan: Commanders, obviously we can’t be sure just yet, but the power spike was consistent with some form of propulsion engine. Possibly a new warp drive?

Commander Rosek turned to look at her.

Rosek: Well. I think our impromptu visit to Tibro just got a little more interesting.

And then chaos seemed to erupt. A loud beeping erupted from her console even as Ensign Callahan spoke up.

Callahan: Commander Serala! Sensors just detected an explosion at the Grand Admiral’s headquarters!

She was already looking at her console and could see the same thing.

Serala: Ensign Tal’Aura. Open a channel to the away team. Get me Captain Mei’konda.

But before the tactical officer could reply, she heard the Caitian’s voice come in over the comms.

Mei’konda: =/\= Mei’konda to Chin’toka!  The Headquaarters down here is under attack.  Can you beam everyone in this room baack to the ship? =/\=

She looked at her console again before replying.

Serala: =/\= Negative, Captain. I am detecting a localized energy field that is inhibiting transporter ability. You will need to get clear first. =/\=

Mei’konda: =/\= Very well.  We’ll fiind a way out of this.  Keep an eye on things, and relaay any information we can use, Commander.  Mei’konda out. =/\=

Serala: =/\= Acknowledged, Captain. =/\=

And that’s when that Valcarian ship that Ensign Tal’Aura had reported earlier suddenly turned and powered up it’s weapons.

Tal’Aura: Response

Serala: I see it, Ensign.

oO Wow. That escalated rather quickly. Oo

She tapped a button on her console opening a shipwide channel.

Serala: =/\= Red Alert. All hands to battlestations. =/\= Ensign Tal’Aura. Raise shields, and arm all weapons. Lock on target but do not fire. Commander Rosek, I want as much power to the shields and weapons as you can give me. Their ships tend to pack a punch.

Tal’Aura: Response

Rosek: Response

Serala: Ensign Callahan, stay put for now, but be ready to implement evasive maneuvers on my command.

Callahan: Aye, Commander.

McKnight: =/\= Chin'toka, McKnight, requesting a shuttle with the rest of SORT and fighters for cover. =/\=

Serala: =/\= Negative, Lieutenant. We have a bit of a problem up here, ourselves. We can’t risk lowering the shields at this time. Besides, all but one member of the SORT is already planetside. =/\=

McKnight: =/\= Chin'toka, McKnight. Again, requesting shuttles and air support. We do not know if we can hold this position. =/\=

Serala: =/\= Negative, Lieutenant. Unable to launch air support. They are being placed on standby alert, however. =/\=

Her hand gestures to Tal’Aura were clear. Place the flight teams on standby alert.

Tal’Aura: Response

Leix: =/\= Response =/\=

Serala: =/\= Lieutenant Commander. Place all flight crews on standby alert. If we get a chance to drop shields, I want a fighter cover. I am also going to need a flight to offer air support to the away team. =/\=

Leix: =/\= Response =/\=

McKnight: =/\= Chin'toka, this is the away team, we are under heavy fire. Requesting back up =/\=

Serala: =/\= Standby, Lieutenant. =/\=

She turned to the bridge crew.

Serala: Report. Are we clear enough to drop shields?

Rosek / Tal’Aura: Responses

And then the Valcarian cruiser fired.

Lt. Commander Serala
First Officer