Lt Commander Serala: I Need Transporters

Serala

Dec 3, 2020, 11:15:28 PM12/3/20
to USS Chin'toka

(( Bridge, Deck 3 Primary Hull, USS Chin’toka ))

Once the channel was closed, Serala turned to look at the Rekarian Tactical Officer.

Serala: Well done, Mister Tal’Aura. Much better than the first time I went into battle in that position. We almost lost our ship that day. :: turning to Rosek :: And you as well, Commander. Power distributions were perfect. Thank you.

Rosek: I have teams working on the damaged areas. We’ll need everything back at peak just in case.

Serala: Agreed. Let’s get things patched up in case they come back with friends.

She tapped the comms button on her console again.

Serala: =/\= This is the First Officer. Stand down from Red Alert. All hands maintain Yellow Alert and remain at General Quarters. Bridge out. =/\=

Rosek: Ma’am, I’m confident that my teams can handle the repairs. In the meantime, I think it would be to our advantage to study the sensor logs of the battle. I can’t help but feel that was too easy. If they’d really wanted to, they could have put up much more of a fight.

Tal’Aura: :: He nodded :: Their actions certainly do not suggest a logical plan unless there was something more to their attack than simply causing damage. I concur with Commander Rosek. An evaluation of the sensor logs might yield insight into their motivations.

Rosek: With your permission, ma’am, I’d like to sit down with Ensign Tal’Aura and see what we can find out.

Serala: That’s a good idea, you two. Make it so.

She turned her head back to the viewscreen before allowing the crack of smile to cross her face. She’d always wanted to say that, but she didn’t want the others to know. Still, the smile was hard to contain, so the best she could do was try to make sure no one could see it.

Tal’Aura: Yes, Commander.

Serala: I would also like to know why, if this was meant as a warning, they didn’t at least try to contact us to tell us to leave. That just doesn’t seem logical to me.

As those two set about their analysis, Serala called down to sickbay to have medical supplies sent to the transporter room. Once that was taken care of, she rose from her seat and made her way over to the tactical station.

Serala: What do you two think?

Tal'Aura: We discovered much more about their vessel's capabilities than their motives. When their shields were disabled we were able to get detailed scans of their vessels. There is some valuable information there that will help us understand their combat capabilities better. I will update the database accordingly.

She nodded, impressed that he had gotten that information. It was valuable data that she just hoped she would never need to use.

Rosek: ::nods:: I’ve tried working out their motivations, ma’am. But there just isn’t enough information at present to provide a conclusive analysis. ::to Tal’Aura:: I’m not a tactical officer, but I can enter data. Can you link to my PADD? I can work from one end and meet you in the middle so to speak.

Recognizing that the pair were still analyzing the attack, and impressed by what they had come up with in such a short time, she nodded at them before speaking.

Serala: Well, I will leave you to it. Just don’t take too long. If they come back, I would like to know what kind of weaknesses they have. And their strengths.

Tal’Aura: Yes, Sir.

Satisfied, she nodded once more before returning to her seat. Though her acute hearing could make out the details of their conversation, she chose instead to focus on her own analysis. She was starting to get somewhere when the proximity alarm sounded. Her head snapped up and looked at the screen even as Tal’Aura called out his report.

Tal'Aura: Sir, the Valcarian cruiser is back. Holding position just outside of weapons range. Scans indicate their weapons and shields are still offline. They appear to just be observing. At present they are no threat to us nor our personnel on the ground but I'll keep an eye on them.

Rosek: :: speaking to Serala :: I don’t believe based on what we know so far that they’ll go for a ground attack. It’s too obvious.

Serala: Very good. What’s the status of our shie-

The rest of her question was cut off by the Captain’s voice coming in over the comms.

Mei’konda: =/\= Mei’konda to Chin’toka. =/\=

Serala: =/\= Chin’toka here. Go ahead, Captain. =/\=

Mei’konda: =/\= We’ve discovered some sort of deviice down here that appears to have been planted around the time that the attack began.  I’d like you to verify whether or not it is interfering with a transporter lock. =/\=

And she had just about ordered the shields to full power.

Serala: =/\= Understood, Captain. Standby. =/\=

She turned to Commander Rosek.

Serala: Commander, what is your analysis? Can we get a lock?

While she waited, she listened to the background chatter still coming over the channel, her concern growing with each new comment.

Raga: =/\= Does anyone else hear that? =/\=

McKnight: =/\= I hear it, Raga. Lephi, the box! =/\=

Lephi/Strin/Mei’konda: Responses

Snow: =/\= Perhaps you should put it down. =/\=

The concern was evident in her voice and Serala punched a button to open a channel to the transporter room.

Raga: =/\= Everyone, back away from the box. Now! =/\=

What she heard next made her breath catch and she stopped breathing for several long seconds. It sounded like a whoosh she would associate with a pulse of some kind of energy. Clearly, if it was a bomb, it wasn’t explosive. That was followed by several crashes and pops. She even heard Toryn cry out in pain and that really concerned her.

Rosek: Orders, Commander?

She appreciated the request from Rosek, but Serala was already taking action. She resumed her communication with the transporter room.

Serala: =/\= Serala to transporter room one. Lock on to the Captain’s away team and prepare to transport on my command. =/\=

There was a response but Serala had already turned her attention elsewhere.

Serala: I need transporters. Please tell me we can transport the team back?

Tal’Aura: Response

Mei’konda: =/\= Response =/\=

Serala: =/\= We just about have it, Captain. =/\=

There was more chatter over the comms, but her attention was focused now on the two officers working to penetrate the interference.

Rosek / Tal’Aura: Response

McKnight: =/\= Chin'toka, McKnight. Lock onto my commbadge and beam it somewhere far away from us. We've encountered a device. It might be another bomb. =/\=

Serala: Perfect timing, you two. :: tapping her commbadge :: =/\= Transporter Room, lock on to Captain McKnight’s signal and energize. Beam it out into space. =/\=

As much as she wanted to finish that order by telling them to beam it off the port quarter of the Valcarian cruiser, she restrained herself.

Serala: :: to Tal’Aura :: Report.

Tal’Aura: Response

A slight smirk escaped her lips, but she quickly checked it.

Serala: Very good. :: turning her face to the ceiling to speak into the comm system :: =/\= Serala to Captain Mei’konda. What is the status, sir? Should we begin transport of the team back to the ship? =/\=

Mei’konda: =/\= Response =/\=

Lt. Commander Serala
First Officer
Training Team Member