Lieutenant Commander Cadfael Peters: Anger Management Flashbacks

Zeph

Mar 24, 2021, 1:24:18 AMMar 24
to sb118-c...@googlegroups.com

OOC: All thoughts and dialogue are the opinion of the character.

(( Counselor’s Office, Deck 10, USS Chin’toka ))

Cadfael was, and was not, looking forward to his counseling session. He had come so far since Duronis II, and had mostly gotten the anger management issues worked out of his system. Until he met Logan, and re-experienced the feelings he thought he had long-since buried. With a heavy sigh, he placed his hand on the door chime and waited for an answer.

Azorius: Response

As Cadfael made his way in, he sat down with a nod to the counselor but didn’t want to speak until he was certain he’d heard the door close behind him. Idle walls, and all that.

Peters: Harrington’s raktajino blend, if you would.

Azorius: Response

He accepted his drink and held it in his hands for a few moments, silently reflecting on his words prior to speaking. He was almost afraid it would be the start of mandatory anger management classes again, which he had tried so desperately to get out of when he was stationed at Utopia Planetia.

Peters: So...I guess I should explain why I booked an appointment while you were on the surface.

Azorius: Response

Cadfael cast his mind back to the recent...shenanigans...on the bridge with Logan’s childlike wonder and non-sequiturs during the middle of a very not funny negotiation, and how confused he got at the fact Logan was a lieutenant commander and the level of unfamiliarity with the bridge systems.

(( Flashback -- Bridge, USS Chin’toka ))

(( Time Index: 239803.04 ))

Raga: I know it’s been a while, but be ready in case our guests decide the resources here are worth the risk of starting something.

Kurt looked between the Al-Leyan and the console.

Logan: Aye aye sir, I shall allow the Computer to familliierize...... me with its workings, that and I have two helpers.

Peters: oO Deities preserve me from his display of incompetence. If he manages to survive whatever they start and I don’t, I’ll come back as a ghost and haunt him for getting me killed. Oo

(( End Flashback ))

Peters: So, I have an aversion to sudden death, as I’m sure most species do with that whole self preservation thing. However, Logan’s...what’s the word I’m looking for? Nearly child-like wonder, I guess, that he displayed upon being seemingly unfamiliar with bridge systems, let alone his elocution when discussing a direct order, had me wanting to lock him in a danger closet and take over the tactical systems myself.

Azorius: Response

Peters: I guess even more baffling, to me, at least...is how the blazes he managed to hit lieutenant commander with such…

He clenched his fist once or twice in anger, but unable to say the word. He didn’t have a word for that. All in all, it was frustrating and anger-inducing. He didn't know if Freki could tell he was angry; let alone whether such a display would be enough to put him right back into those mandatory anger management classes he despised so much.

Azorius: Response

===

Lieutenant Commander Cadfael Peters

Helmsman