Lieutenant Commander Chythar Skyfire: The Big Surprise

Zeph

Jan 15, 2021, 8:54:12 PM1/15/21
to sb118-c...@googlegroups.com

OOC: Included a picture of the ring at the end of the sim (You may also recognize it from "The Terrible Liar" JP between Rosek and Chythar). Enjoy.

(( Observation Lounge, Deck 6, USS Chin’toka ))

{{ New Year’s Eve, 2300 hours }}

The Caitian reached for a tray of synthehol champagne that had been recently replicated, picked up a glass, then tapped on it gently with a spoon in order to get the attention of those present.

Mei’konda: Good evening, my officers and our guests.  Thaank you for attending this paarty tonight.  I appreciaate you all being here.

He paused for a moment, tugging open the jacket he’d worn closed over his shirt beneath so that he could pull out a few small boxes from the inside pocket.  He laid them out on the dining table next to him, then turned his attention back toward those in attendance.

Chythar glanced around the room with a pleased look, and made sure to applaud at the appropriate moments as its crew were called up to Mei’s side. While he did miss being in the thick of things, he didn’t miss the attention. He was, in short order, going to make a public spectacle of himself as he revealed his surprise to the lady he loved.

Mei’konda inclined his head toward the group of officers.

Mei’konda: Thank you all again, and I’m honored to be your Captain.  We haave some time until New Year’s.  Please, have some champagne if you liike, and we will soon riing in the new year.

Chythar stepped forward toward their Caitian skipper and offered a smile back at Lael before once again re-focusing on Mei’konda. They’d served together for several years, so he didn’t foresee Mei having any objections. However, given what he was about to do and how long he’d been planning, well...whatever happened, he’d go with it.

Skyfire: With your permission, Mei’konda, I wish to address the crew.

Mei’konda: Response

Skyfire: Thank you, sir.

Mei’konda: Response

He turned his attention to the crew at large and took a breath before speaking.

Skyfire: You all have performed admirably in the face of adversity, and it is that which we choose to embrace when we joined Starfleet. That spirit, the trials we choose to face together, and the shared adventure into the unknown is what makes us family.

He reached into his pocket and procured the box containing the ring, concealed in his hand with his gaze fixing on Lael as he stepped forward. As he closed the distance between them, he continued to speak.

Skyfire: Family is another aspect of life, of which procreation or adoption of children is possible. This last year has been rough for all of us, and I freely admit this. However, in all of this, I choose to embrace the moment and realize that fatherhood needs one other essential element to make this completion of mine possible.

He paused for dramatic effect. and knelt down in front of Lael. He opened up the little black box, which contained a plain silver band with a golden Celtic trinity knot in the center, the simplicity of the knotwork a reminder that life itself is more complex than it first appears. Since he’d been planning this moment for so long, he didn’t notice his Scots-Irish brogue slip into his voice as he spoke.

Skyfire: Ah cannae imagine livin’ the rest of my life nor takin’ on the responsibilities of fatherhood alone. Lael Elizabeth Rosek, will ye marry me?

Rosek: Response

Once the words had been spoken, he gave a somewhat goofy smile and slid the ring onto her finger. He reached into his other pocket and slipped the matching one onto his finger before he rose to his feet and pulled her into a tender embrace with a kiss to match.

Skyfire: :: quietly :: I love you, Lael.

Rosek: Response

Any: Response

===

Lieutenant Commander Chythar Skyfire, MD

Medical Officer / Barista

USS Chin’toka NCC-97187

O239002CS0