Lt. Cmdr. Alex Brodie “Mince…With a Massive Helping Of Tatties”

Jacen Xaivis

Jul 24, 2024, 2:17:27 PM (3 days ago) Jul 24
to sb118-c...@googlegroups.com

“Mince…With a Massive Helping Of Tatties”

((Main Deflector Control, Deck Ten, USS Chin’toka))

Alex opened the door and was immediately greeted with the bouquet of scorched wires, burning plastic and lost hope. They had beaten him to it and demolished the control console for the main deflector.

He wasn’t sure what it was meant to look like but he was fairly sure there should be a cooling blue glow where the deflector panel was protecting them from…space…stuff.

He wasn’t an expert but he grabbed one of the fire suppression units and did his best to quell the burning circuitry.

It was…to use a parlance from home: mince.

He tapped his commbadge.

Brodie: =/\= Brodie to bridge. =/\=

Bridge (Any): =/\= Response =/\=

Brodie: =/\= No – it’s a complete wreck… =/\=

He looked around the room. Geoffrey Teller himself would struggle with this.

Bridge (Any): =/\= Response =/\=

Brodie: =/\= Look…I’m here…maybe there’s something I can do? Patch me through to her… =/\=

He waited while the comm connected...lord he was tired.

Xiron: =/\= Response =/\=

Brodie: =/\= Finally…someone who isn’t trying to kill me. I’m in deflector control and the main controls are done…it looks like there’s power to this part of the ship though. Please…for the love of all the timorous wee beasties in Scotland…tell me that there is a way to manually reinitialise this thing? =/\=

Xiron: =/\= Response =/\=

TBC

Lt. Cmdr. Alexander W. Brodie

Counselor