Lieutenant Commander Toryn Raga (Feat. Solat) - Bad day to have pointy ears

Rameses

Mar 28, 2022, 2:07:00 PM3/28/22
to sb118-c...@googlegroups.com

(( ooc: I left all the tags from my previous sim and just added more to the end to try and bring us all a little closer to what’s happening in the other scenes. ))

(( Shuttle Banshee, PTE-2891 System ))

Materializing into the shuttle’s aft section he reached up and removed his helmet while the gravitic airlock did its thing to acclimate him and Logan to the lower gravity on the shuttle.

Raga: Looks like we get to hurry up and wait.

He smirked at Kiax from behind the forcefield.

Isa: Welcome aboard, gentlemen. Come in and take a load off.

Logan/Kiax: response

Raga: Yeah, the scans weren’t conclusive but I got the impression that the rock we found might be false. And yes, there was weird grass around it.

Isa: You mentioned that before, Commander. What do you mean by it? I detected nothing out of the ordinary about the vegetation here.

Logan/Kiax: response

Raga: No idea. It glowed brighter and had more colors the closer I was to it. The odd thing was, that whenever I looked at the grass, if I thought about it it seemed to do the same thing.

Isa: And was that your observation as well, Mister Logan?

Logan: Response

Kiax: Response

Toryn glanced over at Logan.

Raga: I’ve never seen fauna like that before. It was interesting.

Logan / Kiax: Response

Jaelyne retrieved a medical tricorder and activated it. She turned to Toryn, who looked at her with a raised brow. Had she figured he had experienced some sort of hallucination or something? He was perfectly fine. While her caution was justified and he might have made the same supposition, it irritated him that she didn’t believe him.

Raga: Is this necessary, Commander?

Isa: We need to eliminate the possibility that what you saw was a side effect of the planet’s effects on you, if there are any. Just hold still, this won’t hurt a bit.

She detached the scanning device from the tricorder and began scanning Raga.

Isa: I am not seeing any indication of physical trauma, Commander, but I am detecting slightly elevated levels of psilosynine. Have you been using your telepathy recently?

Raga: No. I can only initiate telepathic communication with my own kind. ::He added:: And Sylara. Also, I was wearing my suit the entire time and it’s undamaged. So I don’t know what effect this planet could have on me to cause something like this.

Kiax / Logan: Responses

Isa: Well, I have no other explanation for it, but perhaps if we ever recover Doctor Snow she’ll have a better idea. Speaking of which, I am open to suggestions on how to proceed.

She looked around the cabin of the shuttle. Toryn stifled his irritation with the usurper and

Raga: I recommend that we keep following the Reskari signatures. If there is in fact a cloaked colony of some sort and the assumption stands that the locals would follow the metal deposits, we’d at least be closer to where we need to be to beam down.

Kiax / Logan / Isa: Responses

The Al-Leyan removed his helmet and set it on the console then sat down in one of the unoccupied chairs. Though he was more used to higher gravity than the others, he spent most of his life these last three years in Earth normal gravity. Only having a respite and being in his own environs when in his and Ishka’s quarters.

Raga: We should at least keep our scans going. See if maybe the Banshee can scan beneath the deposits. We may have to just wait until the probes are in place, but us Chin’tokans have never been good at just…waiting.

Kiax / Logan / Isa: Responses

Raga: I hate waiting. ::He grumbled and focused on the scans his tricorder had made::

Kiax / Logan / Isa: Responses

Toryn turned to face the console beside him when it began beeping and he quickly pulled up the sensors. It looked as though the Chin’toka had deployed the probes Esa requested.

Raga: The ship just launched the probes. We’re already receiving some telemetry data. ::He announced::

Kiax / Logan / Isa: Responses

Toryn hoped that the probes would help them find the away team, or at least get them on the right track because they’d been gone for over a day already. Which wouldn’t be so bad, if they at least knew their physical state.

Raga: I can see what they were talking about. Some tracks do seem to abruptly stop at one point. And there’s not a single Reskari signal within this entire area.

Toryn gestured to the image on the display showing the sensor readings and the decided lack of any deposits.

Kiax / Logan / Isa: Responses

With the mention that the probes would only offer them a limited window he knew that they were going to likely have only one chance to narrow down the area of this allegedly cloaked facility. And with luck, be able to find their missing away team.

The Chin’toka would be doing a flyby of the planet soon in an attempt to disrupt the cloak.

Raga: Let’s hope this works.

Kiax / Logan / Isa: Responses

The computer began chirping an alert as the sensors picked up an anomalous reading. An energy reading that was approaching the Banshee

A bright light floated towards the front of the shuttle while she held position in low altitude. A hundred meters or so above the surface.

Raga: By the branch, what is that? ::he gestured towards the small object moving towards them::

Kiax / Logan / Isa: Responses

The energy disappeared a moment before it made contact with the shuttle, then suddenly appeared in front of Esa. A faint, soft light washed over the Trill while Toryn slowly stood up and drew his phaser. He held it low, at the ready but not threatening.

Raga: Is it a probe? ::He asked curiously::

Kiax / Logan / Isa: Responses

The light moved to Logan next, then Isa. each time it hovered in front of them a few seconds and seemed to study them a moment. Toryn was next and the light stopped in front of him, the light soft and almost pearlescent. It seemed to focus on his face and the light abruptly turned a vibrant red and orange. A shrill sound resounded in the cabin and in his head.

The light took on a humanoid appearance, mostly opaque with clearly defined eyes and mouth and with a gesture Toryn was flung back against the wall and enveloped in a bright red energy field that crackled like lightning.

Entity: ~ Pointed ear! You have returned but you and your puppets will not harm them again! ~

Kiax / Logan / Isa: Responses

The entity lowered its hand but Toryn remained trapped in the field. His mind being wracked by psionic ripples that battered at his psyche. He couldn’t move and only stared at the entity, pain and anguish on his face. He’d not felt such pain since he was held captive by the Consortium. Memories of being trapped in that cell, subjected to electrical torture daily filled his mind.

Solat: ~ You bring the pointed ears here again to subjugate, pillage and destroy. Why should we listen to you? ~

Kiax / Logan / Isa: Responses

Solat: ~ The other puppets who came here in craft like this said the same thing. We might have believed them, but we have discovered your deceit!  ~

Kiax / Logan / Isa: Responses

Solat: ~ Of course they live, they do not have pointed ears. We gave them a chance to exist in peace. But they showed violence. Perhaps puppets of the pointed ears cannot be trusted? ~

Kiax / Logan / Isa: Responses

Solat: ~ We are the guardians of this world and its people, protecting them from the pointed-eared warriors that would have destroyed them if not for our intervention. ~

Kiax / Logan / Isa: Responses

Lieutenant Commander Toryn Raga

Second Officer/Chief Tactical & Security Officer

USS Chin'toka NCC-97187

PodCast Team Member

Training Team Member

Chin'toka Staff Member