Lt Commander Serala: Prepare to Depart

Serala

Dec 16, 2020, 10:06:25 PM12/16/20
to USS Chin'toka

Serala: Hmm. It is possible, but I think there’s something else at play. Something much bigger.

A sensor alert began flashing on the tactical console. Apparently, Captain Mei’konda had already noticed it as he began dealing with it immediately.

Mei’konda: Ensign Azorius, are you seeing the away team on your panel? It looks like they’ve disappeared!

oO They what? Oo

Azorius: Response

The Captain turned to lean over the railing as the Counselor pulled up the data.

Mei’konda: They’re where?

Azorius: Response

Serala was incredulous. That was over eight thousand kilometers from where they had started.

Serala: You have got to be joking. So now the Valcarians have not only replicator technology, but transporter capability?

oO Damn Chon. Everything they made was dangerous. Let’s just hope they’re not mutated monsters or something really odd. And if there is another murderous AI… Oo

Raga / McKnight: Responses

Mei’konda: Ensign Azorius, contact the traansporter room and have them attempt to get a lock. Commander Serala, open a hailing frequency. See if their current locaation is any more conduciive to communicaations than their previous one was.

Serala: Aye, sir.

She returned to her own seat and opened the channel the CO had requested.

Serala: Channel open, sir. There is a signal, albeit a bit weak.

Azorius: Responses

Mei’konda: =/\= Chin’toka to Kiax. Respond, please. =/\=

Kiax: =/\= Response =/\=

Mei’konda: =/\= It’s good to hear your voice, Commander. Is your team all riight? =/\=

Kiax: =/\= Response =/\=

Mei’konda: =/\= Very good. It seems you’ve been moved a great diistance.  We’ll debrief you once you’re baack on board. The traansporter room tells me they’ve been able to get a lock. Prepare to return to the ship. =/\=

Kiax: =/\= Response =/\=

Mei’konda: =/\= Very good, Commander. Chin’toka out. =/\=

Serala had listened to the exchange in relief. The team seemed to have made it okay.

Mei’konda: Very good work, all of you. Commander Serala, contact the runabout and inform them to return to the ship. Mr. Raga, see to their debriefing when they’re back aboard. We’ll also relaay a message to Admiral Dels’an’s flagship to inform them of our… pleasure, that we were aable to assist.

Serala: Aye, Captain.

She opened a channel to the Holana and instructed Ensign Zarax to return to the ship, and to bring the remaining team members back with her.

Raga / McKnight / Azorius: Responses

Mei’konda: Very good. Stand down from yellow alert.  As soon as our away team and the runabout are back aboard, let’s be on our way.

Serala: Aye, Captain. :: turning to the helm :: Ensign Callahan, lay in a course for the Krotar system, Warp Five. We’ll leave as soon as the Holana is back aboard.

Callahan: Yes, Commander. Laying in course one-six-nine mark zero-two-zero. Ready to engage on your command.

Serala nodded in approval. The Ensign's piloting skills had really benefited from that advanced helm operations course.

Serala: Very good, Ensign.

Raga / McKnight / Azorius: Responses

Serala: :: she smiled :: A nice, simple mapping expedition. We’ll be mapping the planetary and stellar bodies in the region. Nothing too dangerous this time.

She monitored the cycling of the transporters and knew the other team was aboard now. Sensors also showed the Holana breaking free of the planet’s atmosphere and rising to meet the ship. A few minutes later, it had docked.

Callahan: Sir, the Holana is on board. Ready to depart on your command.

Serala: Acknowledged, Ensign. :: turning to the Captain :: Shall we, sir?

Mei’konda: Response

Lt. Commander Serala
First Officer
Training Team Member