Lieutenant Commander Lael Rosek: Nature Exploration

Lael Rosek

Mar 3, 2021, 11:33:35 PM3/3/21
to sb118-c...@googlegroups.com

((Ladonnik Nature Preserve, Eladar IV))

They rematerialized moments later in an open field within the preserve. Though it was a bit more humid than Lael preferred, at least it wasn’t the inside of a disease-ridden icebox. She shuddered at the memory, forcing it from her mind. Even all these years later, it gave her anxiety just thinking about it.

She pulled her tricorder from its holster, feeling the conspicuous absence of her phaser at her side. But orders were orders and Serala was right. Coming onto somebody’s turf carrying weapons was a sure way to start a fight. As reluctant as she’d been about the order, she had every intention of following it both in letter and spirit. Peace was the goal here and she was determined to keep it.

Rosek: Anyone getting anything? Do we have more Reskari or dilithium deposits?

th’Koro/Snow/Levinson: Responses

Rosek: ::nods:: Keep your eyes open for any unfriendly wildlife. Without weapons, we’re going to need to get creative if it comes down to a fight.

th’Koro/Snow/Levinson: Responses

As the others continued their scans, she walked on a bit, still staying in shouting distance. She’d picked up some peculiar readings from a nearby plant and had been distracted into investigating. It was strangely reminiscent of the Kazuri from Leya-I. The primary difference was the stamen and the color of the pollen.

As tempted as the scientist in her was to collect a sample for study when they returned to the ship, she had no desire to cause a diplomatic incident in case doing so would cause offense with the natives. She instead settled for non-invasive scans that could be added to their database. Maybe at some point down the road, they could secure permission for one of the beautiful blossoms, possibly in a trade for something the natives desired.

th’Koro/Snow/Levinson: Responses

Hearing her team, she returned to their original beam-down location for a quick report on what everyone had found.

Rosek: So what have we got? Anything worth lingering or should we keep moving?

th’Koro/Snow/Levinson: Responses

----

Chief Engineer
USS Chin'toka, NCC-97187