Lt Commander Serala: Stand Down Red Alert

Serala

Nov 24, 2020, 3:27:25 PM11/24/20
to USS Chin'toka

(( Bridge, Deck 3 Primary Hull, USS Chin’toka ))

Tal'Aura: Valcarian fore and port phaser banks have been disabled.

Once more, a volley of phaser fire streaked from the Chin’toka, this time striking on their starboard side as the cruiser had begun a turn to place their working shields toward them.

Tal’Aura:: They are not withdrawing.

Sure enough, the cruiser fired it’s starboard side weapons, once more striking the Chin’toka’s shields and causing her to rock in her seat.

Tal'Aura: Shields at eighty-five percent, Commander.

Serala: Stubborn. Very well. Once more, Mister Tal’Aura, but with a little more finesse please. I just want to disable the weapons and shield arrays. I am not trying to destroy them if I can help it.

Rosek: Response

Tal’Aura: Yes, Commander.

Serala watched as the phasers fired yet again, striking the shields of the Valcarian cruiser, draining them. Another salvo drained them even further, and a salvo of torpedoes finished them off. This time, phasers selected precise targets, taking out weapons and shield arrays.

oO Much better. Now let’s see if they want to talk. Oo

Serala: Mister Callahan, open hailing frequencies.

Callahan: Frequencies open, Commander, but they are not responding.

Rosek: Response

Tal’Aura: Scans indicate the vessel had a full complement, Commander. Low probability that it was commandeered or hijacked.

Serala: Well, if they are leaving, let’s let them go. Bad enough we were forced to fire on them in the first place. I sure hope that wasn't Dels’an’s ship.

Rosek: Response

Tal’Aura: Perhaps they were attempting to gauge our combat capabilities. Take advantage of our precarious position in what is a volatile situation.

Serala: :: nodding in agreement :: I need a damage report please.

Rosek: Response

Tal’Aura: Damage reports coming in. Minor injuries on decks seven and nine. Damage to primary and secondary systems nominal.

Mei’konda: =/\= Mei’konda to Chin’toka. Status report. =/\=

She was relieved to hear his voice. Moreso when she noticed that she didn’t hear any weapons fire near him.

Serala: =/\= Serala here, Captain. Is everything under control down there? =/\=

Mei’konda: =/\= Yes, for the moment, we’re secuure down here.  Is the shiip in danger? =/\=

Serala: =/\= Not at the moment, sir. We had a brief skirmish with a Valcarian cruiser. They took the brunt of it. Minor damage to our shields and we are still getting a damage report. =/\=

Mei’konda: =/\= Response =/\=

((OOC: Willing to continue with Mei’konda/away team(s), but skipping ahead for now ))

Once the channel was closed, Serala turned to look at the Rekarian Tactical Officer.

Serala: Well done, Mister Tal’Aura. Much better than the first time I went into battle in that position. We almost lost our ship that day. :: turning to Rosek :: And you as well, Commander. Power distributions were perfect. Thank you.

Rosek: Response

Serala: Agreed. Let’s get things patched up in case they come back with friends.

She tapped the comms button on her console again.

Serala: =/\= This is the First Officer. Stand down from Red Alert. All hands maintain Yellow Alert and remain at General Quarters. Bridge out. =/\=

Rosek / Tal’Aura: Responses

Lt. Commander Serala
First Officer
Training Team Member