JP PNPCs Lieutenants Carter Greyson & Anjar Thoran: Fate Truly Has A Sense of Humor

Zeph

Dec 31, 2020, 3:25:59 PM12/31/20
to sb118-c...@googlegroups.com

((Corridor, Deck , USS Chin’toka))

{{Time Index: Day 5 of Shoreleave}}

Anjar made his way through the corridors, the strap of his single bag thrown over his shoulder. He’d gotten his transfer orders about a week ago and while he was glad to be back out here in the black, it was another assignment without his partner. While it had brightened his spirits some to learn that Lael was again serving in the Chief Engineer spot, she wasn’t the one he wanted to see.

He’d lost track of how long he and Carter had been separated. Though he’d sworn from the start that he couldn’t do the long-distance thing, they’d somehow made it work. They’d agreed to see each other and video call with each other when they could. It hadn’t been easy for Liara either. The little girl had become more than a bit attached to Carter and had grown accustomed to seeing the two of them together. He was sure it was strange for her now.

He swallowed roughly and wiped a hand across his forehead to disguise the touch of moisture gathering at just the thought. Gods knew he wanted nothing more than the privacy of his quarters to recover from the emotional moment. But that wasn’t an option.

His thoughts wandered to the Officer’s Lounge and the glass of brandy he’d been wanting for most of the trip. Perhaps after he reported in. Likely a nightcap to ease the loneliness. Hell, maybe he could talk Lael into joining him for a glass for old time’s sake.

As he rounded a corner, he bumped into something solid. Taken off guard, he reached for the person to steady them.

Thoran: I’m sorry. I--

He stopped mid-sentence, his breath catching in his throat, finding himself looking into a familiar pair of brown eyes that he would have recognized anywhere.

Thoran: ::rasps:: Carter?

Carter had been off the shuttle for a few hours now and according to the latest round of rosters wasn’t scheduled to report into engineering until late tomorrow night as part of gamma shift, which would give him time to rest up and socialize a bit with the crew, learn where everything was and the like. He had missed Anjar significantly and held out hope that they would once again reunite. He didn’t know what lay in store for him here, but he was pleased to see that Lael was once again chief engineer. There was a time where he would have done anything to get his hands on that spot, and after having tried it decided that he could wait a bit longer for it.

He felt that this was the perfect atmosphere to socialize in, and turned a corner. Unfortunately for him, objects collided and Carter nearly lost his footing.

Greyson: It’s fine, I--

There was a faint pause, and he recognized the voice at the same time Anjar must have recognized him.

Greyson: Anjar… :: Pulling Anjar into a tender embrace. :: I missed you.

Breaking the embrace, Anjar grabbed Carter’s arm and pulled him into the nearest secluded alcove. For a long moment, he just stared, hardly able to believe what he was seeing. What exactly did a man say to the love of his life after months of being apart? He exhaled a shaky breath and brought his hands up to cradle Carter’s face. Before a word could be spoken, he covered Carter’s mouth with his and poured every ounce of longing into the kiss.

He pulled away long moments later, pressing his forehead to Carter’s and breathing heavily.

Thoran: ::rasps:: What in the hell are you doing here? I thought you were still on the Veritas.

Greyson: If I told you I got transferred, you probably wouldn’t believe me. Me and a few others just came in on the shuttle. Dr. S, Devlin, and our new helm officer Mr. Peters.

Thoran: ::brow furrows:: When? After your last letter?

Greyson: Like last week sometime I think? Point is, we just got here.

The shock was slowly fading and was replaced by genuine happiness. A low chuckle bubbled up and the first real smile Anjar had worn since he and Carter had parted crossed his lips. The moisture again gathered in the corners of his eyes, though this time for a different reason. He allowed one hand to slide down to Carter’s shoulder and he rocked the man gently back and forth, meeting his gaze.

Thoran: ::murmurs:: Damn, Carter. It’s good to see you.

Carter nodded in reply, just content to be in the other man’s presence. He smiled genuinely and wanted to take in a movie with the man who had become so important to him over the last year. However, they had lots of other things to talk about and decided for the moment that enjoying a drink with him would be the best idea at the time.

Greyson: Care for a drink? You look like you could use one.

He smiled and leaned forward to brush his lips against Carter’s.

Thoran: Believe me, darling. I would love nothing more. But I have to check in with the Captain and my department head first. ::pauses:: Speaking of which, you wouldn’t happen to know who the Security Chief is on this boat, would you?

The younger man’s brow furrowed slightly. The thought of Anjar in the security department was slightly amusing, and he only hoped they wouldn’t have a repeat of the older man losing his cool if an away team mysteriously went missing. The last time that happened, it resulted in some interesting and unfortunate complications.

Greyson: Security chief, no. Tactical officer, there is one but I don’t remember their name. An ensign, I think. Mei might have more details than I would on who you need to speak with on that note. I’m in engineering this tour.

Thoran: ::smiles:: It suits you. You always were better at handling things down there than me. ::smirks:: It’s why I relied on you so heavily during my stint as Acting Chief on the Montreal. ::chuckles:: Me, Acting Chief? Only Lael.

While Anjar had been flattered by the confidence she’d expressed in him, in the end, he’d proven a disappointment on that front. He hoped with the extra training he’d undergone while he and Carter had been apart that he’d make a better Security officer than he had an Engineer.

Greyson: I know. I’ll let you go for now. Drinks later?

Thoran: ::grins:: My treat.

Dropping another kiss onto Carter’s lips, he darted out of the alcove and toward the turbolift that would take him to the bridge. The sooner he got his obligations out of the way, the sooner he and Carter could catch up.

((Officer’s Lounge, Deck , USS Chin’toka))

{{Mini Time Jump}}

He shifted the tumbler of brandy in his hand, still scarcely able to believe that fate had brought him and Carter together again. All he wanted to do was drag Carter back to his quarters and show him just how much he’d missed him. But Carter deserved better than that. Besides, there would be time later for the touches and caresses he’d longed for during their time apart.

Thoran: ::takes a long drink of brandy:: The Warp XV R & D was amazing, but I missed being out here in the black. The adventure of it. So I was thrilled when orders came down from the Brass assigning me to the Chin’toka.

Carter nodded and shifted the glass of brandy in his hand also, taking a small sip from it before speaking again. He didn’t have words for a long moment, horrible at the small-talk thing. A moment or two passed before he finally found his tongue.

Greyson: I understand the feeling, though not from any lack of trying. When I first got onto the Invicta after all that time on 118 Ops, it was like the thrill of adventure returned.

He eyed Carter for a long moment, just taking the man in. Their first step outside of the platonic realm still stuck in his mind, the memory as clear as the day it had happened. He’d been such a mess over Miskre and he’d been terrified that Carter was just rebound. The thing that had made it so unusual was that Anjar had never been attracted to a man before. Carter was just something else. They’d grown close by virtue of their work and he’d come to depend on the man more than anyone else.

Thoran: ::smiles and lays a hand on top of Carter’s squeezing:: I’ve missed this. Just us. Talking.

Carter smiled softly and swirled the brandy around in his glass. He had never felt anything like this toward another male before, except that misplaced gratitude toward Chythar after the doc saved his life when the console exploded on him. Despite the fact his breakup with Raissa was still fresh in his mind, he felt that this newfound relationship with Anjar was the start of something beautiful.

Greyson: You aren’t the only one.

Thoran: ::chuckles:: And to think. It all started with an impulsive kiss.

Greyson: It did…

Thoran: ::smirks and murmurs:: I’ll let you in on a little secret, though. You’re a damn good kisser. One of the many reasons I keep you around.

Carter chuckled at that, thankful in that moment he hadn’t decided to take another swig from his glass. He hadn’t been told that before, as his only prior relationship with Raissa seemed short-lived.

Greyson: Nobody’s ever told me that before.

Thoran: ::leans forward and brushes Carter’s lips with his:: Their loss. ::grins:: There’s a very good reason why I decided against a more private reunion. We would probably upset your new neighbors. Not the best first impression.

Greyson: I suppose you’re right.

He picked up Carter’s hand and squeezed it, the hand that had been holding his glass lifting to cradle Carter’s face.

Thoran: ::murmurs:: Later.

He set down the glass on the table and leaned into Anjar’s touch, closing his eyes and just enjoying the moment. He had missed this, so much, but now that he once again had the other man within reach, he was at a loss for how to react.

For long moments, they sat like that, not speaking a word. They didn’t need to. Anjar didn’t have the flowery words that Carter deserved anyway. He was a hopeless romantic but had stumbled over his tongue with Carter more times than he could count. The other man saw that side of him and never demanded more than Anjar was willing or able to give. He supposed that was part of why they were so good together. They accepted each other as they were.

Carter enjoyed the moment, the sensation of basking in the other man’s company. The sensation of being touched lovingly. The sensation was still rather alien, since it had been several months, but it felt nice. He had no words. It took him several long minutes before he finally spoke again.

Greyson: Did you want to hit the officer’s mess for a bite to eat or shall I cook?

Thoran: ::smirks:: As long as you’re dessert.

Greyson: :: chuckling. :: Given those terms, I should probably cook tonight.

----

PNPC Lieutenant Anjar Thoran

Security Officer

USS Chin'toka, NCC-97187