Lt Commander Serala: Of Sensors and Scuttlebutt

Serala

Feb 3, 2021, 11:08:00 PM2/3/21
to USS Chin'toka

(( Bridge, Deck 3 - Primary Hull, USS Chin’toka, en route to Uncharted Region, Sector B-10 ))

Serala stepped up to the Operations Console to consult with Lt. Commander Kiax. She needed to know how the sensor upgrades were coming. They could prove quite useful on this mission and she was also hoping they might help improve her own tactical program.

Serala: Talk to me, Commander. How are the upgrades coming?

Kiax: Response

Serala listened to the report, considering what Esa had to say. She was the expert here, so Serala was not eager to dismiss her ideas.

Serala: Well, don’t give up just yet. I have every confidence in your skill. After all, you detected that device attached to the core when you had just arrived. And you have never failed to impress me with your skill. I trust you will work this out.

Kiax: Response

Serala: :: smiling :: No worries. So, what are your thoughts about the upcoming mission? Excited? Ambivalent?

Kiax: Response

Serala nodded at the pink-and-blue haired Trill woman.

Serala: I have been in the fleet for just over three years and I don’t think I have ever been on a mission like this. I am really feeling good about it. After all, isn’t this what everyone joins Starfleet for?

Kiax: Response

Serala: Sooo… I noticed you and Chief Davis left the New Year’s Eve party together. Something you want to share?

She couldn’t help it. Serala was a romantic at heart, not that she would admit it to any one. But if her friends could find happiness, she wanted to share in that. And Davis was a good man. They’d make a great couple if they decided to go that route.

Kiax: Response

Lt. Commander Serala
First Officer/Acting CO
Training Team Member