Lieutenant Noa T'Nessa Levinson - A Clean Bill of Health

Noa T'Nessa Levinson

Jul 7, 2022, 8:48:00 AM7/7/22
to sb118-c...@googlegroups.com

((Sickbay Complex, Deck 10, USS Chin’toka))

Levinson: There is also another thing Lieutenant Dermont has noticed and I looked into briefly. There seems to be some sort of large-scale gravitational disturbance that caused the eddies we have found to also provide an amount of gravitational pull in a certain direction - one we were able to utilize to make our return trip faster. It may not be much, but it is… odd. It could be simply an unusual property of the nebula, but it could also be something else. We should at least keep that in mind if we were to fly the ship into the nebula.

Noa offered the PADD for anyone who wanted to examine it.

Peters: The shuttle’s sensors may’ve been scrambled by some of the interference caused by the weapons fire, but I would also like to check if the reskari alloy did its job.

Raga: It’s likely it did. My father might not have mentioned it to not show his hand, but before he made his presence known I imagine the other ships in there would have reacted if they’d spotted us beforehand.

Rosek-Skyfire: ::nods sagely:: The other benefit of that Reskari where we placed it. It can distort ion trails. Kind of like the design of the Nebula-class starships. They’re great for steathier missions. I’d hoped that the Reskari would be enough to keep us out of too much trouble.

That did make sense. She hoped so as well.

Mei’konda: Mm, well, these sorts of eddies are not all thaat uncommon in nebulas, though this nebula in paarticular is composed of more different elements than any I’ve personaally seen before. That, plus the strength and speed of them, makes it relatiively unique. It’s also a very large nebula. There are liikely objects of high mass located within that we haaven’t been able to chart due to the radiation’s interference. Perhaaps even stars or planets.

She nodded. He was correct, of course - it could be nothing, but still, it was worth getting a better idea of how it worked and potential causes for it.

Peters: Wherever you need me, sir.

Raga: Same, I’d like to get to work on trying to narrow down just how many ships are out there.

Snow: Actually, I’d like to keep Commander Raga longer, Sir.

Mei’konda: Why is that, Doctor?

Snow: Response

Rosek-Skyfire: ::smirks:: Looks like teacher wants you to stay after class. Not everyday you experience a three-way telepathic connection with two T4s.

Yeah. It was a good idea to make sure that the neural noodle that was the brain was still noodling properly.

oO Noodling? What…? Oo

She mentally paused to think briefly.

oO …Yeah, I think I’m a little hungry. Oo

Mei’konda: Mmh. Telepathy. It’s not the first tiime I’m glad that I haaven’t that particular sense. Very well, Doctor. Fiinish with him as soon as you can, please.

Raga: Response

Dermont: Response

Peters: Do we know how many ships, approximately? The disturbances I saw could indicate more than three, presumably all cloaked.

Raga: More than that. ::He looked at Cadfael:: Before my dad decloaked I had noted at least a half dozen or more. Between wakes, and other disturbances in the gasses. ::He shrugged:: How many of those are my father’s and how many he’s hunting I have no idea.

Rosek-Skyfire: ::shakes her head:: He must have caught the other ships at a weak moment.

Snow: Well, you all will be happy to know that you all are free to go with a clean bill of health.

She nodded. That was good. It seemed like the combination of shields and reskari did well after all.

Avae: And just where do you think you’re going, Commander? ::She smiled:: We haven’t finished our scan comparison to see if that telepathic contact scrambled your noodle.

Raga: ::His brow raised slightly:: I don’t have a noodle. Last thing I ate was L’ata stew. It doesn’t have noodles.

oO Dammit, stop making food metaphors! Oo

Noa made a brief struggle to not appear annoyed. While for the most part she managed to hide her emotions, she did place her hand on her belly, another reminder that she was a bit hungry.

Snow: ::smiles:: That’s not what she means, Commander.

oO Thanks, Liz. Oo

Dermont: Response

Levinson: Perhaps Commander Raga could use some clarification, Lieutenant?

She raised her eyebrow almost playfully while maintaining a neutral expression. Yeah, that was a bit of joking there. Was she going to admit that in front of so many people? Nope. Definitely not. Maybe?

Avae: ::giggles:: I mean your head, your brain silly. Uh…Commander.

Mei’konda: Commander Raga, the sooner you sit down and hold stiill, the sooner you can get back to your station and help us fiigure out this puzzle. Before they get to work on you, is there anythiing more you can tell me?

Raga: I sensed the minds of Al-Leyans close by while we were out there. So, Commander Rosek-Skyfire and I linked minds in order to communicate with them covertly. Turns out the Captain of their ship was her father. ::He paused:: It was strenuous.

oO It sounded like it was that, quite a bit… Oo

Snow: To say the least. I’ll keep you posted on his recovery, Sir.

Mei’konda: I appreciaate it. All of you that the Doctor has released, return to your staations. We’re at red alert, so maintain battle readiiness. Doctor Snow, may I have a brief word with Commanders Rosek and Raga while you work?

She wanted to make sure her department had the data for analysis, but she understood the urgency. She opted to send the data on her PADD for astrometric analysis, and take the analysis of the debris to the bridge with Ensign Ral, as the Captain ordered. Food had to wait for later, and she had to just ignore that for now.

Snow: Response

Mei’konda: Thaank you, Doctor, I appreciaate it. I will see the rest of you soon.

With a nod, Noa took her leave out of sickbay and as she walked she tapped on her PADD to ensure the data was sent to the labs, with priorities on the more immediate stuff - mainly the nebula’s composition to make sure there wasn’t anything volatile or too interfering. The other immediate concerns such as the debris’ origins, gravitational lensing and the possibility of locating other hiding ships. Starfleet sensors were more advanced than Al-Leyan ones, after all. Maybe they’d have an easier time, especially knowing what to look for now.

--
Lieutenant Noa T'Nessa Levinson
Chief Science Officer