Captain Mei'konda Delano - Exemplary Service deserves Appropriate Awards

Mei'konda Delano

Sep 24, 2022, 2:39:35 PM9/24/22
to sb118-c...@googlegroups.com

(( Moving us on toward the end of shore leave here! After this awards ceremony is concluded, we’ll do a time skip forward to the start of our new mission. There’s no rush, but please start wrapping up your ‘en route to Shemsh’ sims and label them as backsims from here on! ))

(( Par’tha Expanse Arboretum, Administration and Diplomatic Relations Center, Shemsh ))

As the blue of the transporter beam flickered away from him, Mei’konda drew in a deep breath of floral scented air. At some point, before engineering teams had figured out just what was bugged in the Chin’toka’s computers, it had decided that the air throughout the ship had needed to be doused with the scent of lavender. It was a relief to be out of that, and into, well, the scent of any other flower.

With a feeling of relief, Mei let his eyes acclimate to the natural lighting that shone through the Administration center’s ceiling from Shemsh’s violet skies and down into the expansive arboretum that had been constructed as both a research and relaxation location since the Chin’toka. He’d arranged to have a brief crew meeting here before he released everyone on their official shore leave, and he’d brought several small replicated-wood boxes down to the surface with him, which he’d laid out on a small podium that stood facing a large, weeping willow-type tree.

Mei aimed a pleasant smile as the crew began to assemble. He’d sent instructions that choice of dress was up to individual officers, as they were officially on leave - with two exceptions. He’d sent instructions for Wyatt Ral and Basbah Trem to arrive in standard duty uniforms, for one particular reason. Mei had chosen to wear his uniform as well. He was, after all, presenting awards.

Mei’konda: Thank you for comiing, everyone. You all worked very hard on our laast mission. Some of you stepped up, when you had a limited amount of experience, and showed both your skill and dedicaation to the ideals of Starfleet. First, may I congratulaate everyone present - the Chin’toka’s entire crew is being awarded the Peacekeeper Service Ribbon for your efforts in preventing the Al-Leyan Council and Exile fleets from winding up in full scale conflict, as well as the Explorer's Ribbon for our partial charting of the Langosta Nebula.

Isa / Raga / Peters: Responses

Kiax / Snow / Levinson / 101 & 000: Responses

Dermont / Trem / Ral / McKnight: Responses

Mei’konda: Next, would Commander Isa, Commander Raga, Lieutenant McKnight, and Ensign Trem join me up here.

Isa / Raga / McKnight / Trem: Responses

Mei’konda: The three of you, as well as myself, are beiing awarded the Diplomacy Ribbon by Starfleet Command for our efforts in defusiing the conflict. Commanders Isa and Raga, you two, also as well as myself, have also been given the Joint Meritorious Unit Award for our work aboard the O’di’th in aiding the injured and restoriing functionality to their systems.

Stepping from behind the podium with the ribbons’ boxes in hand, Mei placed them carefully on the three officers’ chests. Thankfully, they attached with no pins, meaning there’d be no damage to the clothing they’d chosen to wear.

Isa / Raga / Trem: Responses

Mei’konda: Lieutenant McKnight, I’m awarding you the Good Conduct Ribbon for your efforts while we were under attack by the K’tinga battlecruiser. You ensured that we came out of that fight in one piece. Good work, Lieutenant.

McKnight: Response

Mei’konda: And Ensign Trem. You in partiicular, with your telepathic help between the Council and Exile members, deserve speciial mention. I am also awarding you the Good Conduct Ribbon. Excellent work.

Isa / Raga / Trem: Responses

Mei aimed a respectful nod toward the four, then stepped back toward the podium.

Mei’konda: Lieutenant Dermont, Ensign Ral, and Doctors Snow and Skyfire, please step forwaard.

Snow / Skyfire / Dermont / Ral: Responses

Mei plucked up several more boxes, and stepped up to the next three officers.

Mei’konda: I’m pleaased to present the three of you with the Joint Meritorious Unit Award as well, for your work aboard the O’di’th. Many Al-Leyans are aliive right now who wouldn’t have been without your help.

Snow / Skyfire / Dermont / Ral: Responses

Mei’konda: Additionally, Doctors Snow and Skyfire, I’m awardiing you the Innovation Ribbon for your work in developing an alternative to Hyronalin, as well as the Lifesaving Ribbon for the lives you saved on the O’di’th. Good work, both of you. Ensign Ral, I’ve approved you for the Innovation Ribbon as well, due to your work in creatiing a method of tracking the cloaked Al-Leyan ships inside the nebula.

Snow / Skyfire / Ral: Responses

Mei nodded once to each of them, then once again returned to the podium, while brushing a few locks of his tawny hair back behind one of his ears.

Mei’konda: One-zero-one and Zero-zero-zero, please join me here, along with Lieutenant Levinson.

Levinson / 101 & 000: Responses

Mei stepped forward, toward the two short Bynars as well as the part-Vulcan.

Mei’konda: Lieutenant Levinson, for your efforts to get complete scans of the Langosta nebula and the unconventional thiinking you had to employ to accomplish this… not to mention, the creation of highly bouncy rubber, despite its… brief escape, I’m awardiing you the Scientific Discovery Ribbon. Congratulations, Lieutenant.

Levinson: Response

Mei attached the ribbon carefully to her chest, smiled wryly at her, then turned his attention to the Bynars.

Mei’konda: One-zero-one and Zero-zero-zero, you were asked to perform numerous scientific and operations duties on short notiice, and you both performed admirably. I’m very glad to have you both aboard my ship, and I’m giving you both the Captain’s Commendation. Excellent work.

Mei bent forward to attach the ribbon to each of them, then straightened back up. With a nod of approval to all three, he returned to the podium.

Mei’konda: Finally, would Ensign Wyatt Ral and Ensign Basbah Trem join me up here one more time.

Ral / Trem: Responses

Picking up two final wooden boxes, Mei stepped forward toward the two uniformed officers.

Mei’konda: The two of you have been like gold-pressed latinum to the Chin’toka, Ensigns. New officers breathe new life into a crew, and I couldn’t have asked for more from the two of you. And exemplary serviice deserves an appropriaate award.

He opened the two boxes. Each contained a single hollow pip. He stepped toward Trem first, fastidiously pinning the hollow pip in place next to the solid one on his uniform. A moment later, he did the same for Ral.

Mei’konda: Basbah Trem, Wyatt Ral, I hereby promote you both to the rank of Lieutenant junior grade, effectiive immediately. Congratulations, both of you.

Mei’konda lifted up both of his hands and led the others in a round of clapping, for all of the present officers, and in particular, their two new Lieutenants, a smile on his face.

Ral / Trem: Response

Isa / Raga / Peters: Responses

Kiax / Snow / Levinson / 101 & 000: Responses

Dermont / McKnight: Responses

Captain Mei’konda Delano

Commanding Officer

USS Chin’toka, NCC-97187