[AWARDS!] Captain Mei'konda Delano - One of the Best Crews in the Fleet

Mei'konda Delano

May 23, 2022, 7:22:26 PM5/23/22
to sb118-c...@googlegroups.com

(( Beach, Dragonmount Caldera, Shemsh - Near Mess Tent, 1725 hours, local time.  ))

Having used the time he’d given the Chin’toka officers and crew to assemble near the mess tent, Mei had carefully unpacked the things he’d brought with him - numerous small wooden boxes, as well as a modest meal for Odin, who’d finished eating a few minutes earlier and was now contentedly stretched out in the sand, watching people walk past and occasionally wagging when he tempted someone into approaching and petting him.

The Caitian aimed a pleased smile as the small area began to fill with people. Clasping his hands behind his back, he straightened up, and began to speak once his combadge chirped the time once again. 1730 hours.

Mei’konda: Welcome, everyone, and thaank you to those of you who helped the local Rangers scout this location. It has turned out to be beautiiful and relaxing, and I won’t taake too much of your time.

Isa / Peters / Kesex: Responses

Raga / McKnight / Dermont: Responses

Ral / Snow / Levinson: Responses

Any Present PNPCs: Responses

Mei’konda: I waanted to say a few words to thank you all for your haard work in the unexpected situaation when we were called to assist the Tycho Brahe in the chartiing of the PTE-2891 system. Things certaiinly did not turn out exactly how we thought they would, but you all worked very well together in order to ensure that every member of the Chin’toka’s crew made it home aliive.

Isa / Peters / Kesex: Responses

Raga / McKnight / Dermont: Responses

Ral / Snow / Levinson: Responses

Any Present PNPCs: Responses

Mei’konda: Fiirst and foremost, all members of the crew are being awarded the First Contact Ribbon, and the Explorer’s Ribbon, both for helping to expand the boundariies of known spaace, and in ensuriing that our encounter with a new alien raace went as smoothly as possible, given the circumstaances.

Mei’konda paused, turning toward the nearby table on which he’d laid out the wooden boxes, and picked up several of them.

Mei’konda: Commander Isa, would you assist me up here, pleaase.

Isa: Response

Mei’konda: Lieutenant Commanders Raga, Peters, and Levinson. I’m pleased to awaard all three of you the Good Conduct Ribbon for your efforts in ensuriing that Mr. Raga’s shuttle returned safely aboard the Chin’toka, despiite the damage that was caused in the process. I would much raather have a damaged shuttle and shuttlebay than casualtiies among the crew.

Passing the three boxes to Isa and inclining his head toward her, the Caitian continued.

Mei’konda: Commander Kiax will also be receiving this award in absentia, as she is on leaave. She will also be receiving the Purple Heart, for the strain suffered by her in paarticular by her use of the gravity harness. Congratulations, all of you! Commander Isa, if you would present them with their ribbons.

Isa / Peters / Raga / Levinson: Responses

Any: Responses

Mei’konda: Next, would Ensign Wyatt Ral step forwaard, please.

Ral: Response

Offering a slight smile to the Ensign as he complied, Mei’konda offered over another of the small boxes to Commander Isa.

Mei’konda: Ensign, with little experiience under your belt, you joined us on the Chin’toka’s Bridge and began performiing your duties with a degree of proficiency that I would have expected from an offiicer with significaantly more experience, not a freshly minted Ensign. For that reason, I’m awardiing you the Captain’s Commendation. Congratulations, Ensign.

Isa / Ral: Response

Any: Responses

Inclining his head appreciatively toward Ral, the Caitian shifted his blue eyes back toward two of his more senior officers.

Mei’konda: Finally, would Lieutenant Commander Kesex, and Lieutenant Snow join me up here, please.

Kesex / Snow: Responses

Mei’konda: Mr. Kesex, you’re a new addition to our crew, but you’ve proved yourself valuable, dedicaated, and competent so far, and I’m very glad that you’re with us. I’m awardiing you the Diplomacy Ribbon for your efforts in establishing friendly relaations with the Shakani, the Guardians of the pre-warp civilization that on that moon, as well as the Legion of Merit for your willingness to volunteer to be the first to undergo the procedure to haave your memory restored in order to protect your crewmaates. Congratulaations, Commander.

Opening the box up, Mei’konda stepped forward and carefully pressed the magnetic clasp of the ribbon against Kesex’s shirt. Inclining his head gratefully to the Commander, he reached out to shake the Trill’s hand before taking a step backward.

Kesex: Response

Any: Responses

Mei’konda: Finally, Lieutenant Snow. Step forwaard, please.

Snow: Response

Mei’konda made his way forward to meet the Doctor halfway, a smile on his short feline muzzle and three small boxes held in his hands.

Mei’konda: Doctor, you’ve been one of the best medical officers I’ve ever served with in Starfleet. You’ve consistently proved yourself reliaable, ingenious, and even heroic when necessary. You showed all of these traits on PTE-2891. I’m awardiing you the Diplomacy Ribbon and the Legion of Merit as well, for your willingness to put yourself in daanger to show our good intentions to the Shakani.

Reaching forward, Mei attached the Legion of Merit to the Doctor’s collar as well, and then opened the last box. Inside was a single black pip. He held it out to her with one hand, and reached to shake one of her hands with the other.

Mei’konda: And finally, to recognize your achievements as both the Chief Medical Officer of the Chin’toka as well as someone who embodies Starfleet’s best ideals, I’m promoting you to the rank of Lieutenant Commander, effective immediaately. Congratulaations, Commander.

Snow: Response

Any: Responses

Smiling, Mei’konda took a step back, and inclined his head.

Mei’konda: Thaank you for coming, everyone. That’s it for now. Please, return to the festivities, and enjoy the rest of your daay. Dismissed!

Any: Responses

Captain Mei’konda Delano

Commanding Officer

USS Chin’toka, NCC-97187