Lieutenant Commanders Timothy Alentonis & Chythar Skyfire: The Comet Conspiracy

Zeph

Mar 28, 2021, 4:09:49 PM3/28/21
to sb118-c...@googlegroups.com

OOC: So in my previous 2 part sim with Serala entitled “A Fine Cup of Aesohll,” I listed the BC as being on deck 8. It is incorrect and is actually on deck 10.

OOC2: I’m assuming also the ship will be in motion for this so I am writing Tim’s dialogue as such. I am also avoiding a time index on this sim, but assuming it takes place after Mei’s return.

OOC3: I would like to extend a shout-out to Jo Marshall for the Akira-based graphics of the table & logo, which will be added to the wiki shortly.

(( Deck 10, Port Side Observation Lounge -- Brew Continuum, USS Chin’toka ))

The newly opened Brew Continuum lounge of the Chin’toka contains a light blue carpeting, along with white-painted walls with a cedar trim to it. The wall to the left of the door is a tribute to the vessels and soldiers lost in combat, ranging from battle-worn ship dedication plaques from the Federation, Romulan and Klingon Defense Forces to lists of names written in their native tongue. Over the back wall is an aquarium which is produced by holoemitters, containing various species of aquatic life from Earth, Romulus, and Q’nos float amongst the crystal-clear blue water, gracing the entire wall from top to bottom. The words “Battles of Chin’toka” are written in Standard, Klingon and Romulan, seemingly as coral reefs within the tank, with a gold plaque bearing the Atlantis logo alongside. The bar itself is on the right as one enters the room,  painted to look like a piece of battle worn hull. Behind the bar lining a shelf across the top are small artifacts such as rank insignias which somehow dislodged during the fighting. Also present, are hand painted scale models of the Federation Alliance ships which were involved in the first battle along the left as you faced the bar: USS Defiant, USS Galaxy, USS Hood, USS Nautilus, IKS Rotarran, USS Shir’Kahr, USS Tian An Men, USS Valley Forge, and the USS Venture. Beneath that, some departmental-colored BC branded merchandise: travel mugs, ceramic mugs, BC-branded soap and various blends of coffee or tea from across the franchise, at least until the BC for the Chin’toka has blends of its own.

On the right as one faces the bar are scale models of the various ship classes present during the fighting of the second battle: Defiant-class, Nebula-class, Steamrunner-class, Saber-class, Excelsior-class, Akira-class, Miranda-class, a small Federation attack fighter model, and a model of a D'deridex-class warbirds, Vor'cha-class attack cruisers,  K't'inga-class battle cruisers, and a Klingon Bird-of-Prey. A battle-worn insignia of the Klingon house of Martok hangs above the emblems of the Federation Alliance and the Romulan Star Empire. Beneath the shelf, menus of the various seasonal offerings of tea, coffee, and the daily special are written in Federation Standard.

The tables are each re-painted a brown cedar color with the Chin’toka BC logo in the center. The sofas are a slightly lighter brown with throw-blankets each containing the Chin’toka BC logo. The storeroom at the back has a small locker in it where a couple phasers are stored, requiring an active Starfleet authentication to open, a row of personnel lockers for daily use, and a trauma & first aid kit under the bar.

Chythar blew a strand of hair from his face as he fidgeted with the espresso maker for what he hoped would be the last time. With a resigned sigh, he checked the wiring again to ensure it was working properly. After replacing said wires...again… he set the pliers down on the bar and proceeded to try and make a cup. By this point, he had received permission from Serala to do something along the lines of a “welcome home” party but hadn’t gotten around to sending the invitations yet. He hoped that a decent cup of espresso would assist with the writer’s block.

The doors swooshed open, revealing a teal-collared absent-minded professor. Tim made his way into the room with a PADD and smiled at the medical doc turned barista.

Alentonis: Hey, doc. What’s the word?

Skyfire: Just trying to get the espresso machine working. I may need to bring this one back to my quarters for Lael to fix while I use my espresso machine here, but that’s another cup of coffee altogether. What’s up with you?

Alentonis: Oh, nothing too much. Heard the captain’s return is set for today. I’m guessing today’s the day you’ll be opening this up?

Chythar flicked a switch on the espresso machine as it whirred to life and made his cup, finally. He waited until it finished doing its thing before he answered the question.

Skyfire: That’s the plan, anyway. I’m under orders from the acting captain to surprise him with a sorta “welcome back party” with the official opening of the BC. The question then becomes what can I do to keep the mystery of the party’s true nature to surprise him with. It’s not like there’s a comet outside or anything.

Tim chuckled slightly as Chythar guessed luckily at the reason for his unexpected drop-in to the still-closed coffee shop and slid a PADD containing some astrometric data across the worn hull plate-looking bar top.

Alentonis: Actually, that’s why I’m here. Assuming we maintain our present course and speed, there will be a comet passing by1900 along our port side. This lounge is in the perfect spot for the best view, so you could preface the message as me inviting everyone to come view the comet and intercept the captain before his arrival to this room so you can guide him in. Ulterior motive, comet. Real motive: surprise for the captain.

CD’s brow creased in perplexity as he had a sip of his rink and took the PADD into his hand. As he stared at the data and read over it, the scientific portion of his mind running checks over the data that Tim had brought. He was far from the sort to look a gift targ in the mouth, and once he had swallowed the mouthful of coffee slid the data back over to him.

Skyfire: You know, Tim. I think Starfleet may’ve turned you into a mischievous little miscreant.

Alentonis: Nah. Only trying to help you, is all. Since you’re under orders and need a pretense, this is the perfect cover. My name, your shindig. Deal?

Chythar smiled again at the professor and made him a cup of coffee in a blue Akira-branded travel mug.

Skyfire: Share this cup with me and you got a deal. Oh, and by the way: I gave Lephi your name for a metal project she might want to talk to you about regarding proposal plans.

Tim smirked a bit as he reclaimed the PADD and began typing out the message to be sent to the senior staff.

Alentonis: Deal. I have always wanted to add an Akira-class mug to my collection.

At the mention of Lephi's name, the doctor absentmindedly ran a hand through his hair.

Alentonis: Didn't make the best of first impressions with her. Think she'll give me a second chance?

Once he had the draft typed out, he slid it across the counter for CD to look at. The barista nodded slightly and appended a couple words of his own to Tim’s handiwork.

//

To: Chin’toka Senior Staff

From: Lieutenant Commander Timothy Alentonis, PhD

Subject: Comet Viewing Invitation

Ladies & gentlemen, creatures of all species: it is with great pleasure that I announce there will be a comet passing by our port side at approximately 1900 tonight. As such, I would like to invite you all to a casual dress comet viewing party in our deck 10 port side observation lounge.

Hope to see you there.

Regards,
Professor Tim Alentonis

//

Skyfire: I think she will, yes.

With Tim’s brew finished, he slid the PADD back before handing him the mug. The two men smiled knowingly at one another and clinked cups, saying the toast in unison.

Skyfire / Alentonis: To the comet!

Both took a drink, and Tim pressed “send” on the PADD. His device chirped in acknowledgement as the word “SENT” appeared over the message.

END

===

Lieutenant Commander Chythar Skyfire, MD

Medical Officer / Barista

USS Chin’toka NCC-97187

O239002CS0

Lieutenant Commander Timothy Alentonis, PhD
Science Officer
USS Chin'toka NCC-97187
O239002CS0
akira-bc.png