Lt Commander Serala: Time to Hand Out Tasks

Serala

Feb 11, 2021, 12:58:34 AMFeb 11
to USS Chin'toka

((Conference Room, Deck 3 - Primary Hull, USS Chin’toka, One Hour after Test Flight ))

Serala decided the conversation had come to the point where she would need to delegate tasks to the various areas.

Serala: Alright, it sounds like we have a good overview of the tasks ahead of us. Here’s how I would like to approach this. I am going to beam down and make contact with whoever is in charge. That means we’ll need to figure that out first. So, :: to Kiax :: I would like you to monitor transmissions and find out who we’re dealing with and what the best coordinates are for beam down which will minimize our visibility.

Kiax: Response

Serala: Lieutenant Levinson, I am going to place you over the Science aspect of the mission. Until I can get permission for away teams to transport down to the surface, let’s get as much data about the planet as we can with our scanners. Let’s get Ensign Nar involved as well. This should be right up his alley. :: turning to Doctor Snow :: Doctor, I would like you to begin an analysis of the life forms as well as the various flora and fauna on the world. Coordinate with Commander Rosek. It sounds like we’re dealing with three distinct species, or three variants of the same one. I’d like to know as much as I can before I beam down.

Levinson / Snow: Responses

Serala started to tell Commander Rosek something and then realized she wasn’t present. Feeling the heat rising in her cheeks, she tapped her comm badge.

Serala: =/\= Serala to Commander Rosek. My apologies, Commander, but I seem to have forgotten to include you in this little briefing. Would you please report to the conference room? I have a task for you. =/\=

Rosek: =/\= Response =/\=

Serala: =/\= Very good, Commander. Serala out. =/\=

She tapped her badge again, closing the circuit. She felt a blush rising to her cheeks and knew they were probably a bright emerald by now.

Serala: Well, that’s embarrassing.

Raga / Kiax / Peters / Levinson / Snow / Azorius: Response

Serala: While we’re waiting on her, Counselor Azorius, once we’ve determined where we’re going, I would very much like to have you accompany me. Your training in Diplomacy will be invaluable to me. :: to Levinson :: I am going to have Mr. th’Koro assist me on the First Contact, so you will be without his aid for a while. Commander Kiax, I would like to have you along as well.

Kiax / Azorius: Response

Serala smiled at his enthusiasm. She was going to need that for the upcoming task. About that time, Lael Rosek entered the room and took a seat. Serala threw her an apologetic look and gave her a quick rundown on what had been discussed so far.

Serala: I was in the process of assigning various tasks when I realized I had overlooked your presence here. Please forgive my oversight.

Rosek: Response

Serala: Well, this is not an engineering task, but with your experience, I would like to ask you to take command oversight of both medical and science for the mission. Let them do their thing, after all they are the experts. But if you could make the command decisions, and coordinate with me, it would be most helpful. We have a big task ahead of us and I would like to be as efficient as possible.

Rosek: Response

She turned to both Levinson and Snow.

Serala: Please understand that this is not meant to be a reflection on my opinion of your abilities. I am quite confident in your skills and training. But First Contact is one of our most important missions and I don’t want to screw up my first one. Having someone with command experience oversee your efforts will be a benefit to us all. And you will still be free to do what you think is best to do. As I said, you’re the experts.

Levinson / Snow: Response

Serala: :: nodding in gratitude, Serala turned to Toryn :: Commander, as I mentioned earlier, you will be in charge of the ship while I am planetside. I would like to have a member of SORT to accompany us. I am thinking possibly Mr. McKnight. But I want this made absolutely clear to your people. No weapons. Not even concealed weapons. It is vital that we do not present a threatening posture to these people, and we have no idea how it will be viewed if we show up with weapons.

Raga: Response

Serala: Very good. :: looking at each person in turn, but with a growing smile :: I am not going to lie. I am very excited about this opportunity and I can’t wait to see the look on the Captain’s face when he gets back. But let’s make sure we do everything by the numbers. It’s a big task, but I am confident we are up to it.

Raga / Rosek / Kiax / Peters / Levinson / Snow / Azorius: Response

Lt. Commander Serala
First Officer/Acting CO
Training Team Member
Image Collective Member