Lt Commander Serala: The Chin'toka Strikes Back

Serala

Nov 23, 2020, 1:08:16 AM11/23/20
to USS Chin'toka

(( Bridge, Deck 3 Primary Hull, USS Chin’toka ))

Tal’Aura: Valcarian vessel is within weapons range, Commander.

Leix: =/\= Leix here. What’s going on up there? =/\=

Serala: =/\= Lieutenant Commander. Place all flight crews on standby alert. If we get a chance to drop shields, I want a fighter cover. I am also going to need a flight to offer air support to the away team. =/\=

Leix: =/\= Understood, ma’am. Leix out. =/\=

McKnight: =/\= Chin'toka, this is the away team, we are under heavy fire. Requesting back up =/\=

Serala: =/\= Standby, Lieutenant. =/\=

She turned to the bridge crew.

Serala: Report. Are we clear enough to drop shields?

Tal’Aura: I would not advise drop--

And then the Valcarian cruiser fired.

Tal’Aura: Valcarian ship is opening fire!

The disruptor bolts struck the ship and it rocked, but the shields held.

oO That couldn’t have been a full-powered attack. Their ships have more punch than that. Oo

Tal’Aura: Shields holding at ninety-eight percent. Glancing damage at most and probably a warning shot. Power output of their attack is significantly less than what records indicate Valcarian ships are capable of, Commander.

She nodded in agreement, but remained silent, her mind having shifted into tactical mode. At least this was one area where she excelled.

Rosek: Power is holding steady, ma’am.

Serala: Acknowledged. :: turning to Rosek :: Commander Rosek, what about those fighters?

Rosek: :: she shook her head even as she responded :: From what I’m getting, the fighters really wouldn’t do much good planetside. Most of what they’re dealing with is ground attacks. :: to Tal’Aura :: But this is your area of expertise, Ensign. What do you think?

Tal’Aura: Without more information I estimate their capabilities would be limited, Commander. If they have anti-air batteries hidden in a similar manner to that facility we could be sending them into a death trap. I would be a lot more comfortable sending fighters if we knew what they would be dealing with.

oO Well, at least we are all in agreement there. Oo

The cruiser fired another volley of disruptors at them and once more the shields took the hit, causing some shaking, but not much more. She did note, however, that it seemed a bit more powerful than the last volley.

Rosek: Is it just me, or are they getting more aggressive?

Serala: Agreed. I am only holding return fire because I don’t want to drag us into a war with the Valcarians. But I may have no choice. Status of our shields, Mister Tal’Aura?

Tal’Aura: Shields at ninety-five percent. I have a lock on their weapons systems. Permission to engage?

Rosek: Response

Serala: Well, I am not going to just sit here and let them beat up on our shields, and potentially cause additional damage. Let's show them we mean business. Ensign, target their weapons and shields. I want to disable them, not destroy. Full spread. Fire when ready.

Tal'Aura: Aye, Commander.

A moment later, she saw the various phasers streak out and rapidly strike the Valcarian’s shields reducing them, followed by a salvo of photon torpedoes that blasted into the weakened port shielding, creating a breach in the hull, though it also seemed to have disabled the forward and port side weapons.

oO Not exactly what I was going for, but it’ll work. Oo

Tal'Aura: Valcarian fore and port phaser banks have been disabled.

Once more, a volley of phaser fire streaked from the Chin’toka, this time striking on their starboard side as the cruiser had begun a turn to place their working shields toward them.

Tal’Aura:: They are not withdrawing.

Sure enough, the cruiser fired it’s starboard side weapons, once more striking the Chin’toka’s shields and causing her to rock in her seat.

Tal'Aura: Shields at eighty-five percent, Commander.

Serala: Stubborn. Very well. Once more, Mister Tal’Aura, but with a little more finesse please. I just want to disable the weapons and shield arrays. I am not trying to destroy them if I can help it.

Rosek: Response

Tal’Aura: Response

Serala watched as the phasers fired yet again, striking the shields of the Valcarian cruiser, draining them. Another salvo drained them even further, and a salvo of torpedoes finished them off. This time, phasers selected precise targets, taking out weapons and shield arrays.

oO Much better. Now let’s see if they want to talk. Oo

Serala: Mister Callahan, open hailing frequencies.

Callahan: Frequencies open, Commander, but they are not responding.

Rosek / Tal’Aura: Response

Serala: Well, if they are leaving, let’s let them go. Bad enough we were forced to fire on them in the first place. I sure hope that wasn't Dels’an’s ship.

Rosek / Tal’Aura: Response

Serala: I need a damage report please.

Rosek / Tal’Aura: Response

Mei’konda: =/\= Mei’konda to Chin’toka. Status report. =/\=

She was relieved to hear his voice. Moreso when she noticed that she didn’t hear any weapons fire near him.

Serala: =/\= Serala here, Captain. Is everything under control down there? =/\=

Mei’konda: =/\= Yes, for the moment, we’re secuure down here.  Is the shiip in danger? =/\=

Serala: =/\= Not at the moment, sir. We had a brief skirmish with a Valcarian cruiser. They took the brunt of it. Minor damage to our shields and we are still getting a damage report. =/\=

Mei’konda: =/\= Response =/\=

Lt. Commander Serala
First Officer
Training Team Member