Lt Commander Serala: Familiar faces and Mixed emotions

Jim Davis

Nov 5, 2020, 9:20:39 PM11/5/20
to USS Chin'toka

(( Bridge, Deck 3 Primary Hull, USS Chin’toka ))

The two hours passed rather quickly and the Akira class starship dropped out of warp. Sensors were activated and she noted that her program was running. If there were Romulans assisting the Valcarians, this is where they would be. Given what the Admiral had told her, she was being extra cautious on that front. The Captain was standing in the center of the bridge now, his hands clasped behind his back, though he had just glanced backward toward her.

Mei’konda: Open hailing frequencies, Commander. Contaact Admiral Dels’an’s complex in the capital city.

Serala: Au’e… I mean, Aye, Captain.

She tapped out the commands on her panel and the channel connected. It took several minutes for someone to respond and Serala inwardly cursed at the universal consistency of bureaucratic red tape.

Raga / Levinson / th’Koro / Tal’Aura / Any: Responses

Finally, the connection was made and the image of Grand Admiral Lorrein Dels’an appeared on the screen. The last time Serala had seen her, they had left her at Deep Space 26. That had been after she, the Admiral, Captain Thoran and Amuro McKnight had been stranded in a frozen wilderness with a Commander from the Romulan Empire and the lot of them had found themselves on the run from the Admiral’s political enemies. Apparently, that silent battle had finally escalated into civil war. It was also the same occasion in which her husband had been murdered. She fought back the surge of rage at that memory, reminding herself that the murderer had been delusional and that it was not Admiral Dels’an’s fault. Well, mostly anyway. The woman should have warned them about the problems to begin with. Still, she had nearly died with the Federation and Romulan teams and that had earned the Grand Admiral some respect from Serala. It could not be easy to deal with a power struggle like she was having to do.

Dels’an: Response

Mei’konda: Grand Admiral Dels’an, I am Captain Mei’konda Delano of the Federaation starship Chin’toka.  I know that you were expectiing Captain Thoran and the Atlantis.  I’m sorry to report that Captain Thoran passed away unexpectedly.

Raga / Levinson / th’Koro / Tal’Aura / Any: Responses

Dels’an: Response

Mei’konda: Yes. As am I. The Atlantis herself is undergoing refit, but the Chin’toka was sent instead as she is crewed by and laarge by the crew of the Atlantis. As you can see.

Dels’an: Response

Mei’konda: Would you prefer to speak in person, or like this, Grand Admiraal?  My ship staands ready to offer non-military aid in whatever capaciity you need it.

Dels’an: Response

Serala nodded in acknowledgement to the Valcarian diplomat. They had been through a life or death situation together. She would find it hard to think ill of her. Since the Captain was conducting this conversation, she saw no reason to interject at this point.

Raga / Levinson / th’Koro / Tal’Aura / Any: Responses

Mei’konda: Response

Dels’an: Response

Serala: Thank you, Grand Admiral. My daughter is doing quite well and I am pleased to see that you are doing just as well.

Dels’an: Response

Raga / Levinson / th’Koro / Tal’Aura / Any: Responses

Lt. Commander Serala
First Officer
Training Team Member
Image Collective Member