Ensign Freki Azorius: Welcome to the Chin'toka

kaspia...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2020, 3:39:46 AM12/8/20
to sb118-c...@googlegroups.com

(( Shuttlebay, Main Level, Deck 9, USS Chin’toka, in orbit of Tibro ))

It had been a whirlwind of a week. Freki had been put through his paces at Starbase 118 in a gruelling and most challenging test to complete his graduation from the academy. Joining cadets from all walks of life, all races, all departments in a very realistic simulation to test his skills and resolve. He had come through it with flying colours and had been honoured to receive his first commission. The Chin’toka. The news made the young Ensign very happy. Not only did he have a like for the Akira class vessels but the Chin’toka was special to him. Why? Because of her Captain. The only Caitian captain in Starfleet to Freki’s knowledge. Mei’konda, a legend to those Caitians wishing to follow in his footsteps and a potential mentor for the young Ensign.

The shuttle arrived and landed on Deck 9 of the ship. The approach was reasonable and he got an incredible view of his new home on the way in. Though the Akira class was not a flagship or particularly new, it was his home, his first ship and it would always be special to him. He gathered his belongings and brushed down his new uniform, having left behind those of a cadet and made sure his new Ensign pip was displayed proudly before he disembarked. There to meet him, was a woman he recognised from his study of the crew manifest on his journey. He smiled to her and walked to greet her.

Serala: Welcome, Ensign....Azorius, I believe it was? I am Lieutenant Commander Serala, your First Officer. Glad to have you here.

Azorius: It’s my pleasurrrre Commander. The ship is beautiful, I enjoyed the view on my way in. Oh, I almost forgot. :: he coughed and stood to attention:: Ahem. Ensign Azorius, reporting for duty Sir.

Serala: Wonderful! Well, if you will follow me, Ensign, I will take you to your quarters. Lieutenant Commander Kiax was kind enough to already have it assigned so I can take you there now.

Azorius: Quarters to myself? That’s a luxury in itself, back at the Academy, I had a room with three other cadets. A Bolian who snored constantly, a Vulcan who demanded lights out super early and a young Human who had nightmares. Needless to say, I’m looking forward to having some restful nights.

He followed the Commander and looked around at his surroundings along the way. The ship was clean, well maintained and already felt exciting to him, He followed her into the turbolift and it whizzed them towards deck 7, per command.

Serala: Well, Counselor. Why don’t you tell me a little about yourself. What made you interested in being a counselor?

Azorius: Oh, well I’ve always been fascinated in how people tick. What makes a Vulcan think differently to a Bolian for example. How does a Betazoid understand psychology differently to a Bajoran? It all started with a pocket watch. I wanted to know how it worked, so I took it apart and learned how each piece fit together and created harmony. Now, I simply do that with people. Though, less taking them apart…physically at least. ::he chuckled::

Serala: Well, that sounds very interesting. Once you get settled in, report to the bridge. We’re in the middle of a situation and we could really use your expertise.

Azorius: Yes Commander, I’ll get myself settled and head there right away.

Serala: Response

Freki followed the Commander to the door of his new quarters and let her take the lead.

Serala: Response

Azorius: Response

Ensign Freki Azorius

Ship’s Counselor