Lieutenant Commander Cadfael Peters: Confused By A Compliment

Zeph

May 14, 2022, 3:52:54 PM5/14/22
to chintoka IC

(( Counseling Suite, Deck 10, USS Chin’toka ))

(( Sometime Before the Party ))

Cadfael made his way into the counseling suite and pressed the button for admittance. He was still fairly confused by his latest interaction with Kurt, as brief as it had been. By this point, the man had once again transferred off the Chin’toka, but the question became: did the compliment counteract the videos that Cadfael had reported to Toryn some time before?

Snow: Response

Once the permission had been granted for him to step through, Cadfael did so and smiled at Elizabeth.

Peters: I hope you’re feeling better after the mission. Read that it was a rough one.

Snow: Response

Peters: Right, well…this one has a bit of a backstory to it. :: Once he has a seat across from her, exhaled slowly. :: A while back, we had a mission wherein then-lieutenant commander Kurt Logan was manning tactical, supposedly. He seemed to me at the time to be very…unconcerned with how to go about doing his job in an efficient manner. I offered to help him by giving a refresher course in tactical systems, since I did a time briefly as a tactical officer as well. This…did not come to fruition, and instead resulted in Kurt making some videos with a very poor likeness of me explaining in such a simple way that I think Maddy Skyfire could understand how to work our weapons. I…was not pleased and escalated this to Toryn, who was Kurt's department chief at the time.

Snow: Response

Peters: He goes away for a while, and I find myself completely calm. He comes back, and the anger returns, but we didn’t interact much so there’s no sense in me throwing him out the airlock. But where it gets confusing is that right before we mounted the rescue for you and the others, he gave me a compliment on the fancy flying, probably referring to the Peters-Raga inversion.

Snow: Response

Peters: So I guess the question -- do I forgive him for the videos because he gave me a compliment or just let it go as water under the bridge?

Snow: Response

===
Lieutenant Commander Cadfael Peters
Chief Helmsman