Lieutenant Commander Lael Rosek: Mingling

Lael Rosek

Sep 28, 2020, 1:35:28 AM9/28/20
to sb118-c...@googlegroups.com

((Officer's Mess, Deck 11, USS Chin’toka))

{{Time Index: Day 27 of Shoreleave - Early Evening)}}

As the group broke apart, Lael made her way to the front of the room to congratulate the officers. For tonight, they would celebrate. But she and Lephi had some work to do in the morning, particularly with regard to planning their own christening ceremony in Engineering. They’d need to discuss specifics to present to Commander Thoran.

Rosek: ::offers a handshake:: Congratulations, Lieutenants.

Snow: ::shakes her hand:: Thank you, Commander.

Lephi: Thank you, Commander! It's good to see you. ::returns handshake::

th’Koro: Response

Rosek: ::turns to Journs with a smile:: And to you Commander Journs.

Journs: ::smiles:: Thank you.

Rosek: If I might have a moment with my new Assistant Chief?

Journs: Of course, Commander. ::hugs Snow:: Congratulations again!

Snow: ::returns the hug:: Certainly, Commander.

Lephi: Of course, sir. Sorry Doc, it looks like our celebration will have to wait.

th’Koro: Response

Rosek: ::smiles at Snow:: Don’t worry, Doctor. I’m only borrowing her for a moment. And then she’s all yours. ::winks::

Her sensitive ears had picked up the small talk between the two earlier as they’d approached Jo Marshall and company. It hadn’t taken a genius to figure out that the two were pursuing a non-platonic interest. That and she knew all too well from Dassa calling Tobian imzadi on numerous occasions just what the term meant.

Once they were out of hearing range of the others, Lael turned to Lephi, her voice low.

Rosek: ::murmurs:: So. Doctor Snow? ::grins:: You have good taste, Lieutenant.

Lephi: ::blushes a little:: I thought we were more subtle than that, I guess you figured it out though.

Rosek: I’m happy for you. ::smiles nostalgically:: Young love.

Lephi: At the risk of sounding like a fool, your approval means a lot to me, sir. Thank you. Did you pull me aside just to give me your blessing? ::laughs lightly::

Rosek: ::pauses:: Actually, I pulled you aside to ask you a favor. I’d like to hold that christening down in Engineering before we officially kick off. I was wondering if we could sit down tomorrow morning to work out the details.

Lephi: I would love to do that. Can you tell me what it will entail? I like to be prepared.

Normally, she’d have been hesitant to give someone so new to the job this amount of responsibility, but she’d had more than enough time to consider her options. She couldn’t handle this all herself and one of the qualities of a good department head was delegating. She felt this was the perfect first task for Lephi in her new role.

Rosek: ::nods:: I’d like you to compile and present the proposal to Commander Thoran. ::grins:: I’ll, of course, be present, but you’ll have center stage.

Lephi: Oh wow ::overjoyed:: When is the briefing?

Rosek: Likely in the next day or two. I wanted us to have adequate time to prepare, but we can’t be certain exactly when the launch order will come down.

Lephi: Should I get started on it right away?

Her gaze flickered to the young jay-gee Lephi had spent most of the evening so close to and grinned. She had the feeling Snow would be rather put out if she pulled Lephi away from the party so soon. Besides which, she fully intended to enjoy the remainder of the evening. There were still a number of new faces to meet, after all.

Rosek: ::shakes her head:: Nothing that can’t wait until in the morning. ::smirks:: I have the feeling that Dr. Snow is eagerly awaiting your return.

Lephi: Good call, Commander.

As the young Ferengi wandered off to rejoin her date for the evening, her gaze fell on one of the new arrivals, a Vulcan if she wasn’t mistaken. After trading her glass of champagne for a mug of Al-Leyan spiced tea at the bar, she approached the young woman with a warm smile and offered the ta’al.

Rosek: Sochya eh dif, Ot-lan (Peace and long life, Lieutenant.)

Levinson: Response

Rosek: ::inclines her head and smiles:: I spent a month in the T’Reth Monastery training in meditative arts. It was a fascinating experience. I even had the opportunity to immerse myself a bit in the local culture.

Levinson: Response

Rosek: ::smiles:: The view was most aesthetically pleasing. I would go out onto one of the upper decks in the early hours of the morning and spend an hour or so meditating as the sun rose over the nearby strait.

Levinson: Response

----

Chief Engineer
USS Chin'toka, NCC-97187