Lt Commander Serala: The Problem with ChonTech

Serala

Dec 13, 2020, 6:55:25 PM12/13/20
to USS Chin'toka

(( Bridge, Deck 3 - Primary Hull, USS Chin’toka ))

Serala looked over to see the Captain once more stroking his short beard and knew now that he was thinking. When he began looking around, she knew something was going on.

Mei’konda: Chroniton radiaation surge. I’ve never seen that mean anything good. Giive me some details.

Serala quickly brought up her own display and looked. Sure enough. Tapping into the sensors, she attempted to isolate the source.

Serala: It appears to be coming from … the dig site?

She looked up at the Caitian as if to say, it wasn’t really a question but more a matter of confusion.

Raga / McKnight / Azorius: Responses

The Captain opened a channel and began to speak.

Mei’konda: =/\= Mei’konda to Rosek. =/\=

Rosek: =/\= Response =/\=

Mei’konda: =/\= I hope you’re on your waay to Engineering by now, Commander.  We’re readiing a chroniton radiation buildup near Commander Kiax’s last known locaation. I need you running an analysis and giiving me options, either from Engineering or the Bridge. =/\=

Rosek: =/\= Response =/\=

Mei’konda: =/\= Very well. Let me know what you haave as soon as possible.  And… if you’re still near her? Maake sure Sickbay doesn’t let Lephi leave to help you out. I’ve haad enough maverick engineers who didn’t know when to take a breaak, over the years. =/\=

Rosek: =/\= Response =/\=

Mei’konda: :: smiling :: =/\= Mei’konda out. =/\=

The Captain turned to face them and placed his hands behind his back, which Serala now knew he had made some decisions and was about to begin giving orders.

Mei’konda: All riight. We need options for getting them out of there. And faast. Ensign Azorius, you’re in chaarge of keeping track of their combadge signals. I want to know if anythiing changes.

Azorius: Response

Serala: Sir, we still have Ensign Zarax and a security detail on scene. We could send them in.

It might not be fast enough, but it was the only thing she could think of at the moment.

Raga / McKnight: Responses

And then the comm channel chirped again.

Zarax: =/\= Ensign Zarax to Chin’toka. =/\=

Serala: =/\= Go ahead, Ensign =/\=

Zarax: =/\= I just had a report from some of the team’s security. They are safe for the moment. They seem to have made a momentous find of some kind. =/\=

Mei’konda: =/\= Response =/\=

Zarax: =/\= Some sort of Chon gateway, if I understood the report correctly, sir. =/\=

Mei’konda: =/\= Response =/\=

Well that explained a lot. Chon technology was, at least in her opinion, dangerous. She still remembered that AI that had tried to kill her team on the station she had explored.

McKnight / Azorius: Responses

Raga: Response

Serala: Captain, every time we have come across Chon technology, it has produced some very unfortunate encounters.

Mei’konda: Response

Raga: Response

McKnight / Azorius: Responses

Lt. Commander Serala