Dr Blueheart - There's Something Else

raj.blueheart

Nov 5, 2015, 9:39:28 AM11/5/15
to UFOP: StarBase 118 - USS Avandar

((Bridge, USS Avandar))

::As he stepped out of the turbolift and onto the Bridge, he saw a frightened O’Racken girl dart past him and enter the Captain’s Ready Room. Then he saw the First Officer unclick his weapon holster and he almost gasped. Luckily the man’s offer to help resolve the situation his way was denied by the Chief Science Officer, who courageously entered the room after requesting the Counselor’s presence. Raj was confident that the two women would be able help the emotionally fragile child, so he turned his attention to the Commanding Officer and her Executive Officer instead.::

Blueheart: ::nodding:: Captain. Major.

Vetri/Siris: response

Blueheart: Oh this. ::gingerly touching the wound on his forehead:: Just a scratch.

Vetri/Siris: response

Blueheart: Lieutenant Corsetto managed to defuse the tense situation. Ensign Wilde is now helping with triage. Those not requiring medical assistance will be placed in the mess hall. I think it’s a good idea to keep them in a place where food is readily available. Nothing like food to quiet a restless mob.

Vetri/Siris: response

Blueheart: Apart from malnutrition and poor hygiene, I don’t find anything seriously wrong with them physically. Even the O’Racken who was on the verge of going into shock has made a remarkably speedy recovery. I think their physiology has adapted to the tough life they had endured. But.. I can’t say the same about their emotional state. All of them were exhibiting paranoia, anxiety and fear to some degree. I’m sure the Counselor will be able to handle this well.

Vetri/Siris: response

Blueheart: There’s something else, Sirs.. ..

::His tone of voice dropped a notch and his eyes drifted to his boots momentarily.::

Vetri/Siris: response

Blueheart: Lieutenant Lupo suffered complication following the neuronal transplant. ::pause:: She slipped into a coma.

Vetri/Siris: response

Blueheart: As per her request prior to the procedure, I have placed her in cryostasis until I can figure out a way to arrest the growth of her tail. To be honest, I can’t think of any way I can do this without Starfleet Medical’s input. Not only that, but I can’t do it without their facilities either.

Vetri/Siris: response

Blueheart: ::downcast eyes:: Sorry, Sirs. I tried my best.

Vetri/Siris: response

TBC/TAG

Captain Raj Blueheart

Chief Medical Officer