Captain Della Vetri - Heading to a meet up

Della Vetri

Nov 13, 2015, 8:48:07 AM11/13/15
to UFOP: StarBase 118 - USS Avandar
((USS Avandar, Bridge))

Vetri: Okay, we're know where we need to look, and we know they're not exactly shy about throwing around high-yield weapons. Good place to be taking civilians?

Blueheart: ?

Vetri: Right, so we need somewhere to drop them off. Luckily, we have just the thing. Helm, lay in a course to rendezvous with the Halo. Let them know we're coming, and that we have both news and refugees.

:: Noticing that Siris was done with his call, Della also spotted the fact he didn't look all that happy.::

Vetri: Problem ?

:: Instead of answering, Siris headed toward T'Lea at the Science station. The Romu-vulc seemed to have something on her mind.::

T’Lea: .. .. Doctor, Blueheart, come look at this a moment please.

:: Blueheart headed over as well, and Della joined them as well, mostly to see what was going on.::

T’Lea:  Ryan is having trouble breathing, I believe this is the reason.

Blueheart: Acute pulmonary edema!

Siris: Say what?

:: Okay, so this was an issue. And one that needed some serious attention - which it seemed to be getting.::

Blueheart: It’s the respiratory system’s way to counter extensive inflammation of its airways – by producing copious amounts of fluids to extinguish the fire, so to speak. Unfortunately, when this protective mechanism is exaggerated, it results in excessive fluid in the lungs, effectively drowning the patient!

T’Lea: ?

Blueheart: ::He opened a commlink to Sickbay and spoke aloud with the intention those around him will be able to hear.:: =/\= Nurse Rudat, start Ensign Ryan on high-dose corticosteroids to counter the inflammation. She will also need a low dose or two of the diuretic frusemide. Give her a 100% oxygen until her sats pick up. She should respond to the treatment in no time. =/\=

Vetri: Sounds like you've got that part under control. Now someone give me ideas about how this happened.

T'Lea: ?

Blueheart: Are you experiencing similar symptoms, Major?

Siris: No just a slightly dry throat.

Blueheart: What happened on the slave ship? Nurse Rudat told me what few words Ensign Ryan uttered, and judging from the timeline of symptom manifestation from exposure, you were both exposed on that ship.

Siris: As you know life support was failing so Ryan and her team got to work on restoring power to life support. After that we started to see what information we could gather, but before we could do that fully a core breach started. Ryan attempted to stop it and retrieve the data from the ship. But the gases became over powering and then we beamed back. She seemed fine when we returned.

:: All that made sense, though wasn't *massively* helpful in tracing the source of whatever had happened to the Engineer.

T’Lea: ?

Siris: Oh and Ryan seemed to think the breach might be a booby trap to stop people stealing the ship.

Blueheart: Hmm.. probably a failsafe created by the enslavers to keep people like us from revealing their secret to the world. Well at least now we know what else to prepare for should we encounter them again, which is something that’ll happen sooner rather than later, I gather.

Vetri: Somehow, I don't much like the idea of bad guys that think. Especially not if they think like *that*.

T’Lea: ?

Blueheart: ::nodding, then turning to Siris:: Drop by Sickbay after your shift, or sooner if you’re symptomatic, for a full examination. I need to be sure.

Siris: Yes Doc. Whats our next plan Captain.

:: Della studied Siris in silence for a moment, then glanced between Bluehearrt and T'Lea. There were a lot of options, but given the things that developed over the last little while...::

Vetri: Halo. Drop off our passengers, coordinate with Captain Khaine and see if we can't cook up a plan to do something about this... situation. ::glancing at Blueheart:: And we can see about arrangements for Lupo.

Blueheart: ?

Vetri: Then let's get moving.

Siris/T'Lea/Blueheart :?

TAG